or Connect

Posts by french dough

You're both suckers
Sleep deprivation is a commonplace occurrence in modern culture. Every day there seems to be twice as much work and half as much time to complete it in. This results in either extended periods of wakefulness or a decrease in sleep over an extended period of time. While some people may like to believe that they can train their bodies to not require as much sleep as they once did this belief is false. Sleep is needed to regenerate certain parts of the body, especially the...
I was insecure because japanese bread bakers used to make fun of me as a little kid while waving  their o so common wa handled bread knives. You should invest in one, there is one made by this little heard of small company based out of Seki city called Shun. Seki city is known for their submarine sandwiches and foot long heroes along with various cheese covered steak and sausage sandwiches hence the need for finely hand crafted Premier quality Japanese bread knives. The...
You are a confusing man, you use your knives to work each day and only want to spend 50 dollars but want something "good". If cooking is your job you should swing the extra 50 to spend at least 100 to get a quality knife not some mercer stuff that culinary school kids use. THEN, you want a Japanese handled bread knife, ha, what the hell is that, there isnt even really bread in japanese cuisine, or do they make bread knives and bread knives are one thing you dont have to...
or a miyabi birchwood
what a great knife, now I know why everyone talks bout the kono hd in such high regard, it chips easily and stains when laying around dry and uncovered. you know what knife wouldnt do that - A shun  
Whats the deal with those huh? Any news about them?
BDL here, Sab Sab Sab Sab, Mac, Sab, Mac! Konosuke, Henkels warranty, 2k 8k, nogent. Stropex Chosera knife skills. Blip blarn blop, good luck with that. SAB MAC SAB!  
Ah you see right there Luis - "Go Mac instead of shun on the gyuto" , "get some good stones (Chefknivestogo have a great deal, 3 stones, deburr block and a magnifier glass for less than 140 USD) learn to use them properly and you'll be a happy chef." you have adviced someone to get a Mac instead of a Shun and the two are not alike in profile or fit at all, the Mac may in some eyes perform better but that opinion is subjective. I think you all overrate the Mac very much...
Croc Bistro, White, No Other