or Connect

Posts by Mike9

We ain't got no Dukes, or Blue Plate 'round heah.  But Hellman's is ubiquitous and so is Kraft so there Mr. fancy south of Mason Dixon.      
Sorry no pictures ball games dad late getting home and his wife out of town for the week.     Chicken thighs - .99/lb so $5.79 for ten Sweet corn 6 for $1 Eggplant - $1.49   I deboned the thighs, seasoned and grilled, sliced the eggplate 1/4", salted then olive oil and on the grill, steamed the corn and it was delicious.
Get a new cutting board as well bamboo is death to knife edges.  You can get a very nice end grain maple board for less than $100.   http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/catskill-craftsmen-19x14-1-2x2-end-grain-chopping-block?a=696083&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=CI&gclid=CIKajvek58wCFZdZhgodW08AsA
I like Kraft Olive Oil Mayonnaise.  That said I keep both it and Hellman's on hand.  
I found a piece of reduced boneless chuck and the day before scored some Italian sausage so it was time for spaghetti and meatballs.         Chuck - $2,59 Sausage - $1.99 Whole wheat Linguini - $0.88 Tomatoes - $0.88 Tomato paste - $0.45 Cheese - $1.29 Parsley - $0.99   Total - $9.07   On hand were: spices, seasoning, one egg, breadcrumbs and garlic.     I got ten meatballs out of this.
Is there a picture and link on this page?   https://www.google.com/search?q=chinese+breakfast+noodle+dish&espv=2&biw=1680&bih=929&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKu-2H2OPMAhUMaD4KHZaWBcAQsAQIOQ&dpr=1
I strop to touch up and it works great.  Green chromium oxide followed by cardboard followed by bare leather followed by diamond spray on felt.  Not for every knife some I leave at cardboard and refine on news paper and I'm good to go.  Protein knives like fillet and boning never go past a 3k stone before stropping as I like a little tooth to them.  Produce blades get the fully treatment.   I'm going to make one of these this summer -  
The stone slurry you build that really does the cutting.  Many people wash that away as they sharpen shortening the lives of their stones.  That's what a nagura is for - to build the slurry before sharpening.  Soap is usually used as a lubricant, but with Japanese water stones water is the lubricant.
Interesting - when are you supposed to harvest it?  Do keep us posted inquiring minds want to know.
My Bester 500 and Gesshin 400 are permasoakers - they are in water all the time.  I add a little bleach and change water several times a year.   About the Tojiro ITK kurouchi finish - it has no lacquer on top it is a straight up KU finish.  Many KU finishes are lacquerd and that needs to be removed at the cutting edge on a stone.