or Connect

Posts by Mike9

Whole grain linguine with pesto, garlic, cherry tomatoes and mussel meat.  Really delicious and satisfying.  
Last night was a salad - greens from the garden, macerated cherry tomatoes and lobster surimi.  Perfect for a hot day.
 It's good to be the guest now and then . . . I made leek and scallop quiche yesterday to enjoy today.  No cheese, but I incorporated some andouille into the leeks and seasoned with salt, pepper thyme and a little old bay. 
I had a medley of garden vegetables, salad and grilled venison.  Accompanied by several gin and tonics.  And I didn't have to cook any of it  
From WebMd:   Jojoba is LIKELY SAFE for most people when applied to the skin. It can cause some side effects such as rash and allergic reactions. Jojoba is LIKELY UNSAFE for anyone when taken by mouth. Jojoba contains a chemical called erucic acid, which can cause serious side effects such as heart damage.   It's also expensive like $8.35 for a 4oz. bottle.  If you want to pay that much to roll those dice be my guest.  
I use Diesel 911 in my tractor fuel year 'round.
I can't seem to get my sh*t together with pics these days - too much rush to feed people.  Today's compound dinner was sponsored by the letter "i"  so I made "Ika Shoga Yaki" - grilled ginger squids.  I chopped the tentacles with some kimchi, garlic, crab surimi, a little andouille and a little egg white and seasoned accordingly for stuffing.  I marinaded the tubes in tamari, mirin, soy, lots of grated ginger, a little sambal for a couple hours then stuffed them and built...
I knew a short order cook at a truck stop years ago who would take a frozen steak out of the walk in, throw it on the flat top, put a cover on it then flip it with no cover and they came out perfect medium rare with a nice crust every time.  Mind you these steaks were only 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick and @ 6oz. each.  
Hell I just trim off a piece of fat and lube my skillet that way.  I season the steak with corse salt and pepper then into a smoking hot skillet, when it releases I turn it onto the other (hot) side and when it releases again it's done.  Pour a drink while it's resting and enjoy!!
 That's the way I make mine and it's delicious.  Jowl is hard to come by so it's usually bacon for us.