or Connect

Posts by Mike9

Ribs, greens (collard, mustard and dandelion) and a nice buttery biscuit.  Oh and bacon on those greens too - no slacking here.    
Not thith little black duck . . .     I remember a newbie dropped his tongs in the fryer once and I caught him before he went in after them.  Gut instinct I suppose, but it could have been ugly.  He learned.
 Salmon, cream cheese, in fact roll smoked salmon and dilled cream cheese in some crescent roll dough and bake - delicious.  It also works well in salads including a pinch in egg salad.  Potato salad especially German potato salad.  Think man think -   BUT - I took a friends advice and dried herbs in the microwave last year and it works like a champ.  You can youtube it probably.
I made eggplant lasagna yesterday, but I posted it in the Mince thread.
Nice pork TF.  I deconstructed some sausage - pork and venison for an eggplant lasagna.  I peeled and sliced two eggplants 1/4" thick then between paper towels for a while then into a 275 oven for an hour - that made my "noodles".  The mince went into the fresh sauce and then I assembled the lasagna with a layer of sauteed crimini mushrooms in the middle along with the usual suspects - ricotta, parm, mozzarella, etc.       
Rough way to make a living.
Oh yeah I'm buying some briskets after St.Patty's day.  They go right in the freezer for my "Rube GoldBurgers" this summer.
Tacos de Camaron with Charro Beans.  I rough cut some shrimp and dry marinated it with garlic, scallion, jalapeno, pineapple and smoked salt.  My "salsa" was tomato, jalapeno, pineapple and scallion greens, salt and pepper.  I fried some bacon in the skillet then reserved and in went the shrimp mix.  Right before it was finished I added the chopped bacon and some toasted bread crumbs.  The tacos were served with a side of Charro Beans and a crisp white wine.       
It was our son's big 40 party yesterday so thursday I made a rub with parsley, cilantro, garlic, peperoncino, smoked salt and olive oil.  I scored the skin on this 13lb. pork shoulder and let it marinate over night.  Friday I put a 28oz can of tomato puree, apple cider vinegar, vegetable paste and anchovy paste in my roasting pan then a layer of sliced onion on the rack then the pig.  That got covered and went into a 250 degree oven for 12 hours.         I poured off...
We have folks from Texas and Florida staying with us so yesterday I made meat balls.  Beef (Delmonico), pork sausage and venison -   Remembered to take a picture before washing the grinder -   Ready to mix -   The rest was a blur, but I made 26 meatballs, a gallon of sauce, and two pounds of fettuccine and this is what was left -   They sure can put the feedbag on