or Connect

Posts by Mike9

I used to know a short order cook who put frozen steaks on the flat top and they came out perfect.  Bear in mind that truck stop steaks are not at all thick - maybe 1/2" - 3/4"
  Yeah Bridget is like the new Gidget for foodies. 
Oven "fried" eggplant served over sauce made from garden tomatoes dressed with basil, grated cheese and a drizzle of EVOO.  Crunchy on the outside and almost molten in the middle - just the way I like it.   
I made sauce from some of out garden tomatoes and added sausage then severed with penne and garlic bread.  It was really fresh and delicious.  Going to do some eggplant tomorrow and finish up the sauce.
We always called that a fresh ham and when it's roasted low and slow it is such a wonderful thing. 
That my friend looks delicious and I must try that soon.  Man that would make a great party dish. 
Ripe tomato, red pepper, red onion, garlic, lemon juice, EVOO, salt, pepper, splash of balsamic reduction.  Let sit then add grilled corn from the cob and chicken breast that was roasted last night.  Serve over field greens and that's a nice "healthy" meal - or so I've heard - the jury's still out on that.   
Personally I use Marco Pierre White's version and have only good feedback from guests.  Sorry, but Knorr has tagged all of his vids he did for them.  Still it's a brilliant recipe and the one I use every time I have left over pasta.   
That's exactly how I make mine.  Slice, slather in some seasoned olive oil mayo and into the bread crumbs.  Then it's onto a baker's rack for 20 minutes then onto a preheated sheet pan with parchment into the oven till golden on top, flip and finish.  I do green tomatoes the same way.  I hardly ever fry in oil anymore. 
That looks good Nicko - I think I'll make something like that with some green tomatoes I have in the garden.