or Connect

Posts by Mike9

Tonight was a classic Caesar with sourdough croutons and a chicken thigh with a very crispy skin.   
Almost sounds like a Pita batter the Greeks used back home to make Gyros with.  Those were delicious.
 Are you using a heavy enough pot?  Enameled cast iron was made for stew.  I also season my flour before dredging the meat.  That flour is going to make a roux and help thicken the end product.
Yup - whole is just pot roast, or boiled beef.  Cubed, dredged browned.
Well after making them "my" way for 40 some years I tried them Gordon Ramsay's way and that's how I cook them now.  Soft, creamy and delicious.  I even bought a 2-1/2 qt. ceramic sauce pot just for scrambled eggs.
There is a candied popcorn recipe in The Joy of Cooking that uses molasses and it flat out rocks.  I've made this many times and people who have never tried molasses (yet claim to hate it???) have flipped for this recipe.
Gene - that looks awesome !!
Yup a very handy tool.  I had to reset a toilet last week and put the new wax ring in the microwave, hit "baked goods" twice and it was perfect. 
Are you resting the meat in the bag before breaking the vacuum?  I do then I crisp up the outside of the protein before serving. 
I've used liquid smoke for decades, but it's a lot like "truffle oil" - not for every application and a little goes a long way.  Lately I've gotten into smoked salt - I have alder and cherry smoked salts and they add a nice layer of flavor while not being too out front.