or Connect

Posts by Midnight Chef

I'm looking for punch recipes, alcohol and non-alcoholic. I have a large collection from the internet and books but what I'd really like to get my mitts on are old family hand-down recipes, old club recipes and pretty much anything not in print. So please, share em if you got em!   P.S. If I have this in the wrong area please let me know.
I have made this recipe and it comes out amazing. Sourced from cupcakeproject <--- Not sure if putting the web link up is legal or not. This recipe has butter in it, but it is good and moist!   The Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake Recipe Yield: 16 cupcakes 1 cup (225 grams) granulated sugar 1 vanilla bean 1 3/4 cups (175 grams) cake flour, not self-rising 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup (57...
I am seeking recipes using rose hips. I have a large bush growing at my new house with several rose hips growing on it and would like to find some home style recipes.
I ate a healthy slice of homemade quiche made with broccoli, green bean, corn, and ham this morning. But if I feel like a bum, I get some kettle corn a spoon a bowl and some milk.
This is my homemade broccoli and cubed potato cheese soup served with popovers and garnished with Amish apple wood smoked bacon crumbles. Yum! The LED flash from my cell phone got the color a tad off.  
I'll use that pie topping on a cake bake it in a bread pan and call it "rocky road"... Ha!  
There are many Belgian waffle recipes out there many call for separating the eggs and whisking the egg whites into soft or stiff peaks and fold/mix them into the batter. While this does create a lighter waffle, to those who can taste (like me) it adds an off putting raw egg white flavor to the waffle.      My results of experimentation in an attempt to fix this resulted the following: Add 3/4 of the waffle recipe's sugar and all of the vanilla extract before whisking...
Sounds like he's either a bit of a jerk or it might be his version of "tough love" to see how thick your skin is and if your dedication is worthy of his education. I've been a mentor to many budding students but I'm never demeaning to them. Oh, don't get me wrong I will bark at them if they do bad, or something obviously stupid. But everyone has their own way, it just might not necessarily be a nice way.   You spoke in the past tense, did you quit or get fired? Also,...
Old thread I know but if you are still around try one of my favorite slow cooker recipes:   Beef Bourguignon   3 lbs of chuck roast, cubed. 2 Tbsp. oil. 2 10 3/4-oz. cans of cream of mushroom soup (golden if you can get it) 1 package of dry onion soup mix 1 cup dry sherry (NOT cooking sherry, yuck)   1. Brown the cubes in a skillet, not cooked all the way just good sear. Drain, and place into the cooker with everything else.   2. Put the lid on...