or Connect

Posts by LoGIc85

Phaedrus,    Mystery solved on this one.  Check it out.  http://www.chefknivestogoforum.com/ks-profile-knives-t1108.html 
In hindsight, I should have just included in my original post that I'm looking for the Sabatier's Japanese clone.  Hmm, Am I looking for a unicorn? The chef I apprenticed with before starting culinary school put me on to the Theirs-Issard's and I've been with my 10" for a while.  I've tried German profiles, but I almost always resort to push-cutting, which is counter-intuitive with that much belly. Most of my co-workers have Shun's and wouldn't trade them in for anything...
Phaedrus,    Thanks for the heads-up.  After taking a closer look at the Ultimatums, I did notice they have a subtle continuous belly.  Being a huge fan of the Sabatier profile, this throws my game plan completely off.  I might have to drop the $300.00 for the Masa KS after all.  Nevertheless, thanks for the Info.  
BDL,    I'm surprised you don't have an Ultimatum already!  Mark also has added an "M390 steel" that he's marketing as a super-steel.  Have you tried it or heard anything about it?  I can't seem to find any reviews for it on any forums.
BDL,    As always, you have simplified my knife shopping troubles with another great post.  I'm also a big fan of the Sabatier profile and have a carbon  one myself, but I would like to get something a little bit sharper and thinner. There's two things I believe in wholeheartedly when it comes to shopping:  Always try to buy American made products and always try to get the best bang for your buck.  As much as I would love to have a Masamoto in my knife roll, the...
Ok, so I'm in the market for a new knife.  I've narrowed it down to the Massamoto KS, Moritaka KS and Richmond's Carbon Ultimatum.  Does anyone know if there are any substantial differences between quality of steel, F&F and ease of sharpening, since all three have similar profiles?
Hello all,    Has anyone heard anything about M390 steel?  I'm considering getting the Ultimatum when it comes out, but I'm not sure what steel to get it in.