or Connect

Posts by StatsCook

In honor of my last day in town before I head back to school, my mom asked me to cook. (funny how that works)  We had fajitas. seasoned some beef with Mexican Oregano, Cayenne Pepper, Salt, Pepper, Lime and a few other things put it on the grill to a nice medium rare for my pops and me. Had some chicken already seasoned the way my mother likes it, for my mom and sister, then finally threw some olive oil, salt, and crack pepper on some assorted veggies and tossed those on...
This is a bit of a southern way of cooking it and not necessarily healthy but hey it's a steak... crack some pepper on it add a light amount of Worcestershire sauce put some butter in a pan and heat the pan to a medium heat. when the butter begins to melt  place the steak in there and just slowly cook it. I've found the key to a good steak is definitely in the temperature you don't want to cook it at too high a temperature that was a mistake I used to make all the...
I haven't posted here in a while mostly because I haven't gotten in the kitchen a lot lately.    Last night decided to get creative I guess, and cut down some bacon into small bits and cooked it mixed it with some cream cheese Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Stuffed that in a chicken breast, breaded it with a little panko and cooked it in a pan then finished off in the oven. Was incredibly delicious but very rich so I had a simple side salad...
Some really awesome ideas here! Slayer out of curiosity what do you mean by sweat? 
Hey everyone! Haven't posted in a while, I read everything just don't post... y'all are phenomenal     anyways to the point.  My roommate's favorite dish is basically any pasta dish. While personally I am not a big fan of pasta unless there is a phenomenal sauce on top of it, so I was wanting to work towards making a couple really good pasta sauces that I could make so that we could have a pasta dish every now and then.   Any suggestions on where to start?...
You will probably have to start working low. I applied for a job and basically said 'hey I'd like to help with the cooking but I'll take whatever' The owner put me on dishes and when opportunities rose I got to help out the cooks during slow moments or at times when the prep cooks needed to get their job done because they were getting too many hours. As time passed I worked hard and the management and cooks started to respect me, and I had line cooks requesting to the...
thanks guys! It's definitely hard to pin "what I like" because I think I eat everything (I'm a 19 year old boy what do you expect?) This definitely gives me an idea, I feel when I work my way to pizza dough I'll spend a while there trying to figure out the perfect pizza dough, because I love making sauces more than anything for any kind of food. Once again thanks for the advice, it gives me a good starting point once winter break starts (I'm gonna have a lot of free time,...
While I love cooking a lot, baking and deserts have never been one of my strong suits, but I really would like to improve and was kinda curious where was the best place to start? What kind of things should I start making and work on that would be good at honing my skills but if I make a small mistake won't be a complete disaster? your experience and advice is much appreciated ~James~
You could probably pick up a cheap pan at a low price at a local store so then it's not a big deal if it messes up on the fire (or if you have cast Iron that works too) that's what I've done for when I go camping and only have a grate to cook over. Cook a few vegetables over the fire (peppers tomatoes mushrooms) maybe a little sausage. get a bit of a char on it slice it up and cook it in an omelette or a scramble in the cheap pan. If not sausage works well, as well as...
This year the day after Thanksgiving we did King Ranch Turkey Casserole, similar to King Ranch Chicken but used Turkey. It turned out pretty good.