or Connect

Posts by Minas6907

Im not really one to contradict, and it may not matter too much here when were talking about modeling chocolate, but paramount crystals are shaved pieces of hydrogenated oil, typically used to thin confectionery coating or candy melt, it is not the same as cocoa butter.
If its your first cook book I'd suggest Joy of Cooking as phatch said. Otherwise On Cooking or the cia book Professional Chef will have all the information, but geared toward a professional kitchen.
Can I ask where you got your molds? Do you make them? For a long time I've been wanting to make something like the old fashioned clear toy candies, but the molds are typically antiques and too expensive for me to want to buy just to play with. Are these single cast pieces? And nice details, seriously!   When it comes to sugar, theres not really a preservative in that sense. Like you said, you can use isomalt to get the results you want, but that is pricy. Otherwise,...
When a stone surface is installed, its normally sealed after, not before. And I do think that would be the case here because what you have are large tiles, not necessarily a slab (a slab is 7/8 inch thick, not 1cm). Once the tiles are installed on the walls of the office, they get grouted, and after grouting, the entire surface (grout and marble) will get sealed. Regardless, congrats on your marble, it really opens up what you can do with chocolate and sugar. The downside...
I think my overall go to book is The Professional Chef. But that being said, I also use Professional Cooking and On Cooking, Its good to have multiple references. Whichever book you choose, I'd reccomend getting a used copy of an older edition on Amazon, they are far far cheaper then a new copy of the latest, and I've seen that the information doesn't change much. Spend your money to get a few used textbooks, it'll be more useful then spending the same amount on one shiny...
Whats your formula look like?
It doesnt sound like it reached temp at all. What kind of thermometer are you using? Sounds like its off. You would be able to reboil if you added additional water and brought to a broil slowly so the sugar can dissolve evenly. My personal opinion though is that if nuts are already added I would just start over, but nothing is lost in at least trying.
Fot my wedding I got a 7qt kitchen aid (I was so giddy) and also the grain mill attachment. Do you have any experience with that mill? Im sure its not on the same level as what you have (it cannot grind nuts or oily seeds) Pretty much the only loaf ive been making these days are the tartine type boules. If I start feeding my starter with the flour I milled myself, would there be a hugs difference in taste? And say, in the case of the tartine loaf, it contains 15% whole...
This has actually always bugged me, ive never heard someone else mention it.
You can do it easier then that. Rather then making three caramels for a single candy, you can do something akin to the old fashioned caramel and nougat spiral type candies. You can easily put a filling inside of a caramel. You'd make the caramel and cast it into a frame. Next, make a filling. This can be a nougat, chocolate nougat, chocolate ganache, peanut butter filling, anything. What you do need, though, is for the filling to have about the same consistancy as the...