or Connect

Posts by Minas6907

Haha, ive seen that knife, in the kitchen I work in in fact. I have a co worker who swears by the quality of kiwi, although im not really sure why, because her blade in bent all over the place. She also sharpens it daily on the lowest grit stone we have, thats how she gets through the day cooking. Shes had it for years and continues to use it even though the handle is chipping away, and there are commercial knives that would do a much better job then the kiwi for an...
Im no expert on butter making, but you might have more water in your butter then is desired.
When you say it hasnt been going very well, what exactly is happening? And like foodpump said, add more of your powdered color to increase vibrancy. To get really bright solid colors, you'd normally add color to a white base, meaning coloring the cocoa butter with titanium dioxide then adding whatever colors you want. Otherwise the colors probably wont pop like you want them to. One note about the titanium dioxide, make sure its food grade. Theres plenty of plaves to...
Personally I prefer Cia's Baking and Pastry, but Professional Baking is a good reference as well. Really, my best advice with books like these is to just get an older edition, you'll save alot of money. Tje newer ones look shiney and usually have some newer pics, but when you compare the new edition and a older edition side by side, you see the same photos and formulas. For the price of a new 6th edition, id get used older editions of Professional Baking, Baking and...
Yes, its a film called El Bulli - Cooking in Progress
I remember the begining of El Bulli had something like this. If i recall correctly, it was some sort of lollipop made with gelatin from a fish that had bioluminesent properties.
Lodge LDP3 Double Play Reversible Grill/Griddle, 9.5" x 16.75" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002CMLTXG/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_wQpIvb7TDE7YE Amazon is full of them. I might pick one up myself with my $50 :-)
How exactly do you have to cut so your knife does t get trashed? And how thick is the granite piece? If you continue to cut on a piece of stone, the surface will get damanged....meaning it will become porus regardless of what type of sealer is on it. A piece of granite that is not sealed, but is polished to a mirror finish, will also repel water. You apply a sealer to prevent stains and preserve the beauty of the piece, its is no guarantee that nothing will ever penetrate....
Flipflopgirl said it all, you just need a cooler environment. You definitly can temper chocolate over a bowl of cool water, its far from ideal, but it can be done. The problem is when it comes to using the chocolate for dipping or molding or whatever else, the ambient temperature of you kitchen is too hot to have the chocolate set up properly. Of course, you can immediately put the items in the fridge to cool down and set up, as they won't set up outside the fridge, but...
Chefbuba is speaking of the legal issues raised by starting a catering business and running it from a home kitchen.