or Connect

Posts by Minas6907

In addition to the above, I'd recommend The Advanced Professional Pastry Chef (also by Bo Friberg), On Baking, and Baking and Pastry from CIA. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Does the staff need to be told to wash their hands every hour? I can't count how many times I wash my hands during and hour, certainly is more then one. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Go back to using Cacao Barry or Callebaut, those are the types of chocolate you want to use for for molding. I've never used the Varina bar for baking you mentioned, but chocolate chips don't have much use beyond being included in a baked item, you would not use those for molding bonbons. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I second the plastic wrap. I've seen others melt butter and pour on top to form a seal, then when it fully chilled the next day, the butter can be removed in one piece and discarded. It works, but plastic is easier and more practical. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Pate de fruit can be made in large batches, that's relatively easy to finish. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I've had one boos block for about 10 years. In the beginning I oiled it on a regular basis as reccommended, but I started to get lax with the oil and would just do it every so often. I later replaced that on with a 24 inch boos block, and it gets treated just as chefbuba says, no meats get cut on it, and it gets washed with hot water and a little soap. I've has that one for about 5 years. The only issue I've had with splitting is from when (like a moron) I put a hot sauce...
What was the process for making your chocolate? Did you roast your own beans or start from nibs? A Sandy texture is from not being able to grind fine enough. What did you use for processing? Did you add granulated sugar? Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Whenever your boiling sugar, you need to be sure your vessel has a very heavy bottom. Copper is nice since it conducts heat considerably better then stainless, but it's not totally essential. If your boiling sugar on a regular basis, I would recommend copper, but if it's casual, a good stainless pot will suffice, such as one from Update. If copper does interest you, I've seen JB Prince has good prices on copper, and it also pays to keep an eye out on ebay. Sent from my...
Haha, ive seen that knife, in the kitchen I work in in fact. I have a co worker who swears by the quality of kiwi, although im not really sure why, because her blade in bent all over the place. She also sharpens it daily on the lowest grit stone we have, thats how she gets through the day cooking. Shes had it for years and continues to use it even though the handle is chipping away, and there are commercial knives that would do a much better job then the kiwi for an...
Im no expert on butter making, but you might have more water in your butter then is desired.