or Connect

Posts by Minas6907

I second the reccomendation above for the Victorinox. I just checked out the knives you mentioned on groupon, I wouldnt go for either. Get one good chefs knife rather then a three pack, no matter how awesome guy fieri makes it look. Check out amazon for a Mercer Renaissance 8" chefs knife. Its pretty decent given the price of $45, otherwise go with the Victoinox. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Hi Tyson   I missed that third link. So theres a few things. Those are pate de fruit, but what makes you think they would be firm like the Haribos? You cant go just by the look on the outside. Typically, after the pate de fruit mixture is boiled, its cast into a frame, allowed to cool, and then cut into squares. Then they are dredged in sugar. The ones in the link are not done that way. After boiling the pate de fruit mixture, its poured into a confectionery funnel, and...
Hi Tyson. I know what type of candies your trying to emulate, but the composition of the haribo jellies are different then pate de fruit. Pate de fruit is a boiled candy made with a fruit puree, and uses pectin as a gelling agent. Typical gummies (like the classic haribo gummie bears or your typical gummie worms) are a flavored sugar syrup that uses gelatin as a gelling agent. The gelatin give the candies a very chewy texture, contrasted with the supple texture of the...
In a french kitchen I used to be in, we used an egg white. It works wonderfully, but people dont always like that idea of a raw white. Alternatively you can increase the amount of mustard, and that should hold it together longer. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I just typed out a looooooot of info on this subject, then my entire post got deleted. Be patient with me, I have alot to say about this subject. Darn smartphone. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
What are the complaints? Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I think the Canadian and American celeb chefs are buying homes in the countryside because they can, and also want to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. I have my doubts it has anything to do with jealousy from the neighbors. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I would be upfront with them. If you want to try to wing it, they'll find out easily enough, I'd just be honest so as to set their expectation. But that doesn't mean that with some time on the job you can't learn some skills. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Agreed with everything above. I cant stand the handles, they feel weird when wet, I feel like its going to slip right out of my hand. Also, on the chefs knifed, my fingers hit the cutting board when making cuts. And when the price of a cutco chefs knife is in the $150 range, there's too many other knives to consider that will preform much better. Something that always ticked me off is when a sales man tells me that the cutco blades are not serrated. Im by no means a knife...
I can do Eggs Benedict any morning Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk