or Connect

Posts by Adrian Lamb

I just made a simple Beef Stroganoff with hand made egg noodles.  It was hardly fancy.  I just wanted an excuse to use the new pasta maker I got.    The beef was braised in white wine, added some mushrooms and onions, fresh ground pepper corns, beef stock and then yogurt and dijon mustard.  Easy enough.   This was probably my proudest creation. It was dinner about a month ago   Pork Steak with an Apple Cider and caramelized onion sauce with Pureed carrots...
Hello all,   I just got out of the Navy, and am working towards getting into the Culinary Institute of America.  I met an awesome Chef here in San Diego that is willing to let me come into the kitchen a few days a week to get the experience I need, also teach me the most important things I will need to know before attending school.   The issue we have right now is while he knows how to get everything documented in Europe.  We are unsure how to document everything...
I just separated from the Navy.  I am now looking to pursue my goal of being a chef.  Being a Chef was something I wanted to be when I grew up, that has not changed.  I am now looking for employment in a restaurant to get the experience I need to attend the Culinary Institute of America. I really enjoy buying instructional books on different regions and cultures of food.  Giuliano Bugiallis book on Classic Techniques of Italian cooking is my favorite.   I am...