or Connect

Posts by barnaby81

cheers. its either late or early when im on the internet so im always a little garbled and touch screen keyboards have become the bain of my life. ive played round with a few cheap cleavers and liked them enough to consider getting something decent. the price point and the praise of the suien vc stand out. all the cheap cleavers ive  used have been smaller and lighter though i now understand its about the weight of the blade. im sure i'll enjoy using one 
i started looking for my first vegtable cleaver some time ago and i ca@e up with the fanatic, but after more research  the suien vc camd up and i made the mistake for years using a 8" chef instead of 10" and have decieded, or concluded from many people that a half size cleaver misses the point of having a cleaver.s so before i treat myself would anybody recomend something else. i understand im going to have to sharpen some belly out, but i once sharpened the belly of a...
currently its lined out in  pine toubge and groove but... its straight up until 'dado' waist height and then the top half comes in at a attic like  angle, say 30*. behind is battoned out, its a room in the basement with domed brick low roof. it would be good to keep the dome of the roof otherwise everyone will always stoop. i've got another friend thst says line it out in 4mm ply, paint it white and get the stainless and some chopping boards in there.. i'm  going to have...
for years i worked with wusthof knives and took pride in keeping them sharpe. people had globals, i knever understood the japanese thing. the globals had funny handles and were alwaya, always blunter than mine. years past, and in the uk we dont have that many kitchen knife shops so classy cuttlery is always a hassle. for a birday present to myself last year i bought a carbonext gyuto. i cant tell you the difference in sharp and holding that edge. ok, its semi stainless...
at the moment its a dark space thats got loads of rubbish in it. however its going to become a prep hole and maybe acouple of fridges. it has no windows. i thought about covering it in S/S but i think thats too much dazzle for what hygienic wall cladding does. i talked to a frirnd and he thought s/s was the answer but... if i lined it with ovens instead of a couple of chopping stations i could understand
hi there, the room itself is like a corridor with a domed low ceiling. all the sheets would be 8x4. as the walls are so eneven im worried about the flex in 2.5mm sheeting as it would actually be the wall,thats why i thought about ply. then i saw the 8mm and thought id solved my problems, which i may hav. i cant glue it on as the walls are so wonky. regarding the domed roof, i was going to bow thin sheets as its neccissary to keep head height
hi all   im currently converting an uneven walled room into a prep kitchen and first thought to batton thdn ply then put come 2.5mm pvc wall cladding however ive found some 8mm pvc cladding and thought that i could do without the ply backing. has anyone done anything like this? 
hi all.  drying fresh pasta is alot harder than it sounds,  take it from me i'm a small scale pasta producer. freezing leftover fresh pasta is farfar easier, the reason your dry pasta is brittle is all to do with glazing (the proffesional term). drying pasta is all about the partical size of the flour and how quickly liquid evapourates from your wet pasta. if you look at your brittle pasta there will be hairline non cracks (glazing) running through your pasta which means...