or Connect

Posts by Mocoondo

Well, I do, and the Illinois Attorney General wants to hear from you. About 9 months ago, we purchased a large, maple end grain John Boos board from one of their authorized dealers. Paid almost $300 which is a lot of money for us. Several months into ownership, with light use and normal oilings, the board started cracking and splitting. It has continued to get worse ever since. It has reached the point where we are afraid to use it for fear of contaminating our food...
After two plus weeks of back and fourth emails, I am totally getting the runaround from John Boos relative to my defective, heavily cracked, 9 month old, $279 John Boos cutting board that is supposed to be under warranty.. Suffice to say, we will not be welcoming any future John Boos products into our home. Despite being very careful with the board, never getting it wet, and regularly treating it with food grade mineral oil every couple weeks, this is what we ended up...
 Just a quick update regarding my situation:  I have a maple end grain John Boos that I paid close to $300 for, well less than a year ago.  I treat it with food grade mineral oil regularly...every 2 weeks or so.  It has started splitting in at least three areas and on both sides. I have been in contact with Mandy.  I believe Mandy isn't in customer service per se, but rather a marketing representative, but anyway, it is nice that she is an open line of communication.  When...
I reached out to Mandy this week on my faulty Boos Block cutting board. She responded immediately and asked for photos. I hope they can make this right. Paying almost $300 for a maple cutting board 2 1/4" thick, I expected a lot more than wood splitting completely through the board after only a few months, I'll let you all know what kind of resolution I get. When I tried the www.johnboos.com website form, I got absolutely no response.
Once again, not entirely true. Each time a blade passes through a fluid, it accelerates that fluid. The more "stages" you have, the greater the acceleration of that fluid. The Ninja effectively has three separate stages, whereas the Viitamixer only one.Reference your smoothie example. One RPM can make a smoothie plenty smooth with a sufficiently long enough blade; the speed at the tip being significantly faster than the speed at the root. And there again, the Ninja...
Actually, it does work that way.For a given velocity, the greater the number of blades, the greater the amount of work that is done in a given amount of time.I design turbine engines for a living. This is why we put many fan blades in an engine and not just two.To put it in the simplest of terms, say you have 100 pounds of onions to chop up. Will the task be finished faster with one chef wielding one knife or will it be finished faster with 30 chefs wielding 30 knives?
Don't forget, however, that the Ninja has three rows of blades, each rotating at 24,000 RPM, which effectively gives you 72,000 RPM.
 Mine goes right in the dishwasher and comes out spotless.  I would never attempt to clean the blades by hand as they are far too sharp. 
Just happened to see this thread from a few months ago.  I also have a John Boos maple cutting board and one of the squares has developed a crack all the way around it.  It wasn't due to misuse either.  I regularly treat the board and never submerge it in water or other liquid.  I only wipe it off and towel dry when done.  Needless to say, considering what I spent for the thing, I am very disappointed that it didn't hold up too well.  I haven't had the thing for more than...
Don't overlook the Ninja Professional series.  I have both a 1500 watt Ninja and a Vitamix.  Hands down, I prefer the Ninja for a smoother blend, especially when doing smoothies and frozen drinks such as Margaritas.  It performs just as well as the Vitamix in my opinion, and less than half the price.