or Connect

Posts by Mocoondo

Good gravy is so easy yet so many people seem to miss the mark.   I retain all the drippings, deglaze the pan with chicken stock, add some fresh chopped thyme, some pepper.  While keeping it on a gentle heat, I mix some corn starch with water and slowly wisk that into the gravy until I have the desired consistency.    The result should be a very dark, rich gravy that is killer. 
These recipes don't sound right.  The first one the ratios don't seem right.  The second one doesn't even have any vanilla in it.   I do my Creme Brulee as follows:   Preheat oven to 300°F 3c heavy cream 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise 1 tsp pure vanilla extract   Bring to a boil in a saucepan, stirring very frequently, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.   Beat 6 egg yolks in your mixer until creamy (it will form peaks when it is right). ...
I buy limes a dozen or two at a time and keep them in the plastic produce bag from the market in the crisper drawer of the fridge.  I've never had a lime dry out on me.