or Connect

Posts by auzzi

We, having brown thumbs, are growing Perenial Coriander (Eryngium foetidum) on the kitchen window-sill. It is growing well, at the moment, and is very strong smelling ... a little goes a long way ...   # Long Leafed Coriander, Pointed Cilantro, Cilentro, Culantro, Thorny Coriander, Mexican Coriander, Chinese Coriander, Thai Coriander, Phak Chee Farang, Ngo Gai, Daunketumbar Jawa 
Macaron = mac - a - ron  [like Ron Howard, the director]   Macaroon = mac - a - roon [like the -oon sound in "raccoon"]
GF cake mixes? too expensive for what they are ..   Simple GF cake recipe with homemdae GF flour blend alternative http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/1312/vanilla-pound-cake-gluten-free-recipe   Note: As a prospective GF baker, it is necessary to understand two points: 1. always check ALL ingredients for gluten is all it's forms [wheat, rye, barley] 2. cross-contamination and trace-contamination at "kitchen-level" is the major cause of "glutening" in GF...
Try this:   Chickpea Gravy 2 Tbsp plain oil 1 tsp fresh garlic 3 tsp minced fresh ginger root 1/2 tsp ground coriander 1/2 tsp ground cumin 1/2 tsp paprika 4 cups unsalted vegetable stock [GF] 1/3 cup besan flour [not chickpea or garbanzo flour] 1 Tbsp tamari soy sauce optional pepper/salt to taste Heat oil in a heavy saucepan on medium-low to sauté the garlic and ginger in the oil. Add besan flour & spices and stir for 5 minutes until it browns Once a thick paste is...
Pavlova should have a crisp outer shell with a soft, marshmallow type interior. If it is chewy, then it's wrong.   Too much cornstarch/Cornflour will cause the marshmallow centre to have either a floury or "chewy" texture.   vinegar, lemon juice or cream of tartar (or any other acid) helps to stablise the egg white foam. It interfers with the "clumping" of the egg proteins, and forms a buffer that reduces the effects of overbeating - collapse.   Adding...
Icing? buttercream?  the rolled fondant has absorbed moisture/oil from the buttercream ...
Arrowroot
I must admit that I have never used cardboard for cakeboards. I mainly do fruitcake, but even for regular cakes, I use covered Masonite or 3-6mm [1/8-1/4-inch] thick MDF ..
Check to see if the sugar is cane sugar or sugar-beet sugar... Cane sugar is the best ..
Depends where you are: my employer has the rule - * no rings except for plain wedding band, * no watches * no bracelets * no necklaces * no badges, brooches or pins * earrings - plain round rings: no studs, no dangles * face piercings to be covered by medical tape A bit of crunch may not be appreciated by the customer - and I think it may be a case of "finder's keepers" is it came off in the food ..