Posts by Lagom

When you add cold stock you inhibit the cooking process thus taking longer to finish your risotto, also imho. it affects the texture of the risotto by making it a bit grainy. By adding hot stock you eliminate these issues. Hopefully that helps.
Had a long day working in the garden today and it wasn't warm or still so went for a dish my wife's mormor made for me my first trip to Sweden many years ago, she was an old dame from near Emmaboda in Småland, southern Sweden, she called it " pigs under the roof " true husmanskost with boiled potatos.
To add to the västerbotten ost ideas, this morning I made mannagyrngröt, kinda like cream of wheat, and added västerbotten ost and normandy butter. Umami bomb indeed.
Mazel tov @chefross Shared many a seder back home in the usa. I always did a flourless chocolate cake for my part. I make a wicked prune kugel too. ✡️
I had a bakey/cafe for several years. I supplied numerous cafes, lunch restaurants, kiosks and local owned grocery stores baked products daily delivered. I also did to order event/wedding cakes and the likes for caterers and private people as well as supplying my own retail bakery and the cafe section that served a set menu lunch and and fika/coffee. The wholesale aspect of the business did and still does provide a big part of the revenue and profit. The new owners do ...
Easter is coming next week so I'll be making some sill and gubbröra. It is definitely an important part of the Easter dinner here in Sweden. Meatballs too😎
Thought if you were close we could meet up for a fika some afternoon. I don't get to the east coast to often but if you happen into the gbh area let me know we can have lunch on Linnégatan, i know some nice places, or we can go to Lars Mannerström's old place for some awsome fish.
Hej Totte, bor du nar göteborg? I may just sit this one out. Then again........😎
http://www.salondegourmets.com/salondegourmets2017/en/activities/details/5014 I'll be attending this year. I cook, dress and bake with evoo quite a lot ( love butter and other fats too) and find evoo absoutly lovly to cook with. It's as versatile as butter and depending on the flavor profile you are looking for the flavor you can extract are endless. While there is a problem with fake evoo there are highly reputable producers. I work with several in Spain and represent...
Fountain soda, iced tea and lemonade. Coffee and tea.