or Connect

Posts by laurenlulu

Flour for sure. Unless cornstarch should be used lol Lemon bar or brownie
Not savory, sweet and tangy. A little powdered sugar, mascarpone and lemon juice (or curd if I have some). Sometimes Lemoncello as well. Chambord in the sauce, nice with blackberries.
Sweetened lemon mascarpone with blackberry sauce (I love sweets)
My faaaaaavorite! Lucky boy
I understand that it isn't a traditional roux but it does not have to be made into a slurry if dark and for flavor. Not sure OP's intended purpose, darker the roux the less the thickening power. It's a way to create a similar flavor without the added oil and creating a shelf stable product.
When you read this, bear in mind I'm from south Louisiana. There is a brilliant method called a dry roux that doesn't have to be tended to as diligently as a traditional one. Put flour in a rondeau in the oven or on the stove and stir occasionally. As it browns will need to stir more often but this can be stored in dry storage and added to anything needing a roux.
I use beef base in chili as well.
I'm in the hourly camp too, know from experience. I went from 50 at salary to 17 and change at hourly, 40 hrs straight pay and 10 OT per week. When on salary I often, like every week had to cover others shifts as well as my own because it eliminated OT for staff. After hourly I was the last person they wanted to accrue OT on top of the 10 hrs so I got days off. If I had to work extra it was ok because of the OT rate. I got screwed when using benefit hours though because...
My grandma used to love it, we'd go at least once a month and she'd always get it. Simple salad really.. iceberg with a little parsley and a dressing with oil, vinegar, lemon, S&to and quite a bit of fresh garlic. Dress salad and top with Romano. I always wondered what a salad was without stuff in it, especially in LA where shrimp is served around the clock but she liked it anyway.
Grease Strip from ecolab but it's extremely caustic. Wipe ovens with vinegar after they're cleaned to neutralize residue.