or Connect

Posts by laurenlulu

Mimi, what do you put in your potato salad?
I love bechamel in a seafood lasagna, sometimes I make Mornay as well
Beef tongue is sorely underused, have even had it ground and tubed up like a sausage and deep fried, delicious. Crawfish and oysters are also underused but only because they're my favorites 😀
Are you asking what to make with those ingredients? How about soaking the ladyfingers in kirsch or cherry Kafka, layer with lemon curd or chocolate pastry cream, Cherries, meringue, repeat
I would go for parbaked rolls rather than proof and bake, able to be popped in the oven on the fly without waste
Paper due Wednesday and you're asking for an interview on Monday, the mom in me is shaking my head.
I agree with KK, we learned how to behave during mealtime from infancy and we were also taken to very nice restaurants all throughout our younger years. To this day I feel most comfortable with the three forks, three spoons, dessert fork and spoon atop the place setting and a cloth napkin. To me that is dining and comfort. I am also irritated by dumbed down kids menus, I didn't want chicken fingers or a burger (and neither did my children), I wanted real food and wanted to...
The knowledge was of great use to me, I was covering a building (literally walk in cooking blind not knowing even what their stock looks like), it never occurred to me that someone would have self rising in the flour bin and no AP. After that eruption I asked at EVERY building what kind of flour is in the bin LOL
Happy to help!
@flipflopgirl Love dill in potato salad! This mayo is oddly addictive tho I have a love affair with mayo. Great in quiche to give a silky texture, smeared on fish and topped with garlic bread crumbs before baking, smeared on corn cobs and topped with Parm before being baked.. Sounds gross but so freaking good