or Connect

Posts by bigtreegrow

i just want to say WOW, thank you all for the kindness and responses! It is literally RARER than RARE that I come across a forum where literally every responder has responded with kindness and respect and such detailed responses! AWESOME!   really quick, not to focus again on my beliefs which are my own and not progressive for this thread: not a vegan, i actually consider myself more of a carnivore (i ensure all meat i eat is procured/handled humanely, i mainly eat...
I understand that of course. My dream was, like certain vegan restaurants, gluten-free eateries, etc.... I would open up an eatery that caters to dairy-free individuals! I just find it unfortunate literally everything about cooking starts with "melt tablespoon of butter" ... I don't know if I would even be able to go to any of these schools because as they are cooking schools you need to do cooking so I don't think I would be able to just sit in back and watch... Maybe I...
Good evening I have had a tough time finding what I want to do in life because food has always been a passion however there is 1 thing holding me back from going to cooking school: I do not support dairy cruelty. I do not want to get into a discussion here about MY VIEWS because I know respectfully many of you enjoy cooking with butter and literally all I ever hear is how butter is the foundation of all cooking schools.   This has literally prevented me from...
hey jimbo i appreciate the reply, yea you see that is what i was talking about, i am concerned about the water/salt ratio! even with my basic knowledge of science it seems pretty simple: the amount of salt in the water is not changed, only the pasta, so the pasta shouldn't be absorbing  any more salt, it should stay equal . .   still unsure though..... pasta tasted fine! thanks!
Hey guys good evening! I consider intelligent in certain areas of math however I honestly truly don't know how to figure this "math problem" out in my head!   I am making spaghetti meatballs and recipe calls to boil 1.5lb. pasta in 4 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon salt! I only want to cook up .5 lb. pasta! In my head I am thinking it doesn't matter the amount of pasta you use because the salt to water ratio isn't changing, is this true? Do I need to change any...
Hey all good afternoon well today a delicious soup was made, a Maori- style boil-up recipe! Basically it's a big pot of soup, and I am curious whether it's safe to leave a pot of soup on stove, never letting an hour go by without heating it back up to boiling . . Would this be safe? If I can make it clearer, basically the soup will be made, it will sit for around 1 - 1.5 hours while first meal is eaten, then thruout the day (let's say this soup was made at 10am) every...
hey good evening well i had been researching the whole issue with the goldtouch/usa pans where because of their design they have an issue with food getting stuck in crevices. For whatever reason I overlooked that in the reviews and because I couldn't find any other pans made in USA i settled with some new goldtouch pans. Unfortunately I now see what people are talking about, they are beautifully crafted, sturdy sturdy pans that seem to be well constructed and avoidant...