or Connect

Posts by emmbai90

Yeh i know that's true too i've done that lots of times nearly in the college course we were in, wouldn't let us cut with sharper knives at all lol i used a sharper knife once and it was so much easier, was a bit silly really. So much to figure out in such a small amount of time, didn't want to buy anything though until i actually got an apprenticeship.
The place i went to was relaxed (thank heavens), but i had to go into a changing room to get changed and tye my hair back, they aren't huge on constantly changing over chopping boards every time you chop something or on time constraints ether which is great! :D i hope i get this as i won't bare so well in other places, there are people my own age there too but looks like it's going to be a lot of hours which i'm not used to at all lol. What do you guys carry your tools in...
Most places are very strict to hygiene regulations, your not aloud to wear it outside because of germs apparently (although it defeats the point when it goes in our bag and then outside lol), but we can't wear it until were inside because of rain too probably, the odd place might be relaxed but most places aren't, some places are so strict you even have to have color coded knives.
So i'm wondering how some of you who work in resturants take your uniform to work with you? what do you put it in? do you just put it in a plastic bag then in another bag? or do you put it in a clothes bag then fold it up?, i've finally found the right place for help for apprenticeships and since last month i've had 3 interview offers now and i've got a work trial on thursday :D so chuffed i hope i get it. I just don't want to go in and be told i can't put my on uniform...
Mmmm... send some of that over to me Chefbuba :P i love chunky chicken too i would eat a lot of it hehe.
Yummm! :P that looks amazing, i'm having a weird month so i'm craving a lot of stuff like crazy for some reason, sometimes i want to eat everything in the house, i had cod fish and chips earlier i just want more fish now i love cod.
Something i hate is when situations arise and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it (not always can you improve or help things), and you get crap for it and they blame everything on you like it's all your fault, completely ridiculous, they act like everyone can't make mistakes but situations that wasn't our fault that act like we can help those situations when we can't.
So i'm totally baffled about where i stand with my experience, all the apprenticeships near me are level 2 NVQ but 99% of them are expecting people to do everything and some of them are only for the finance and stock side of it but i don't want to do the finances and i can't even do the ones with so much to do for 1 person, i have skills in Basic Food Preparation and Cooking Skills and i've only been training in cooking a small selection of meals and preparing a small...
I've done the table of contents, the cover letter and i'm doing a page with more details about what i did at Bolton College, there is no way i can fit it all into a CV so how much should i type?, i'm not sure i can do this without making it at least a little big long.
Yeh corned beef meat knocks me sick even during the afternoon, my mum used to make me corned beef sandwiches and i could only eat 1 of them, it's same with peanut butter too but then later on at night my stomach is completely fine with eating it lol, i'm 23 and already i feel myself aging urgh... lol.