or Connect

Posts by Yazzy7illi

Hi everyone! I was watching old recipes of Nigella Lawson's Nigellissima and was intrigued by her recipe for Fregula. I managed to acquire some of this very specific pasta (with great difficulty!) and set about cooking her recipe which was amazing.   Any other recipes out there that you recommend?   Grazie!
  It isnt the most appealing picture but this is my favorite breakfast (when i can be bothered to cook it!)   In Bahrain, a small group of islands near Saudi Arabia, we eat this for breakfast on special occasions.. It is called Balaleet   It is vermicelli noodles cooked in saffron, butter and sugar and topped with scrambled egg.   Sounds weird but to me it is divine <3
Thank you everyone for the help! I have now bought an oven thermomete to absolutely sure of the temperature! I live in the Middle East & used New Zealand beef chuck which is of good quality. I think I made a noob mistake of halving the recipe and not adjusting the cooking temp + was scared to have a peep in case I let the steam out and it would disrupt the cooking.. I'll try again with the smaller pot & use all of your tips + the video! Thank you all again!!
My amazing husband bought me the most amazing anniversary present, 2 Le Creuset Cast Iron pots. 1 is the 28cm satin black cast iron pot and the 2nd is the short 30cm cast iron pot also in satin black. He says he justified the expensive purchase because a) i am worth it and b) i have become a good home cook.   I thought to christen my gorgeous new pots I would make him Julia Child's boeuf bourguignon. I used the deeper of the 2, the 28 cm Cast iron pot.   I bought the...
Please post ur avó's recipes!!! The more Portuguese recipes the better!!! Totally underrated food. It's so good but so unknown!
Bacalhau com Natas reminds me of Christmas!!
Wammy, my husband is Portuguese & as the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, I have tried to cook Portuguese (especially after traveling there and gaining so much weight from all the yummy food!)   Here's an easy one!   Ameijoas a Bulhão Pato: 1 kg of fresh clams 2 soup ladles of white wine Olive Oil 2-3 cloves of garlic chopped Salt Pepper Coriander   Soak the clams in water for at least 2 hours to clean them of sand drizzle...
For baking I always use a recipe -as it is more complex.. kind of like maths!   As for cooking, I have tried numerous times to experiment and sometimes it is fabulous and other times it has been a total disaster! But I try to learn from my mistakes and fiddle with recipes to kind of make them "my own".