or Connect

Posts by EVMCGEE

Don't laugh: my grandmother used to take extra Vitamin C -- maybe 5000 mg a day, equal amount of Vitamin E, half that amount of D Vitamin. When she suspected it might be also flu or cold, sinusitis she ate chicken soup, sometimes just the broth, at least once a day. Chicken broth makes your nose run: helps break up congestion. It worked for her and there are plenty of testimonials for these 'cures'. She also drank mulled wine or a hot toddy when she knew it was a cold.
Since I wrote that, meningitis has made the news: several deaths even. I'm sorry if I offended you/yours ... truly I am. Still and all, people should know that loss of smell is a symptom and should get to the doctor ... If you ever contract the disease, you will understand my concern, I hope you never reach that knowledge
It occurs to me that you could start with a basic seven comfort meals (one per day) -- menu would read "Comfort meal of the day" and your wait team would have to tell the diners. Request suggestions from your diners. Something like a suggestion box, but labeled "My favorite comfort food" ... then actually serve those items. It seems as though people would visit your establishment with a wider smile if they knew you were actually interested in making them happy. Plus, you...
Chicken Noodle Soup with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, hot baked apples with cinnamon sauce Pinto Beans cooked with ham bone, bites of ham, cornbread AND/OR homemade white bread and butter, Fresh hot Biscuits and sausage gravy served with finely chopped egg garnish Boiled chicken and quartered potatoes, chopped onion, corn: the amount of broth makes it a plate or soup bowl. Rice and bite size (beef, pork, chicken, fish) with Chinese vegetables. Macaroni and Cheese...
I did 2 days of misery before I felt well enough to begin planning my funeral ... and search symptoms: viral meningitis matched every symptom to a T ... promised at least 10 days and fulfilled the promise. I am lucky: alone and retired, I could concentrate on being ill with few distractions. Sharing each new development with friends and family, expounding upon the old allowed me even more time to ruminate. I can smell pretty good: when the hamburger pattie is charcoal...