or Connect

Posts by Steve TPHC

Obviously you don't use metric
Persian Basmati Rice   Throughout the Middle East, this is the rice of choice. This is a very long grained variety. In Iran and Iraq, the rice can be as long as 1/2 inch. Rice is cooked differently in these Persian regions. Washed Basmati rice is cooked in cold water in an open pot, adding hot water as necessary (¼ of an inch above the top of the rice is the water level) until the rice is just firm, about 10 minutes once the rice has reached boiling. Then it is drained...
Quite a few Persian dishes are represented in my cookbook. I learned how to eat Persian long before I learned to cook these recipes. I mention this fact, because this is how we learn to cook. I have found that interest in a culture’s food helps those from that culture begin to see you as worthy. They often express that by becoming a mentor and teacher.  Learning to shop in their stores is also a great boon to understanding their foods. Ardeshir a librarian working for...
Rich Chocolate pairs well with a robust Claret (Bordeaux or Meritage) or a smooth Burgundy like a Pommard. The tannis help the wine to standup to the chocolate. Enen a Sangiovese would be ok.
What is CEC  ?   If you think you're worth your salt, buy into it and make it a success.
You are right, was interesting. Do you do reviews?
Phatch suggested the recipe is unsafe. Actually I did not post the recipe but I have been making this for 25 years. What was not mentioned above was that the mixture is cooked at very high temperature and is refrigerated there after. See recipe on my blog. passionatehomecook.blogspot.com/2014/05/dim-sum-potstickers-and-chili-garlic.html   What else you should know is a sauce like this is in every Chinese restaurant sitting unrefrigerated in oil in a small container on...
Like the French Mirepoix, black beans are also combined in a trilogy of ingredients, in this case, consisting of fermented soybeans (Douche), garlic and ginger, to make a pungent and savory sauce that is usually accompanied by hot chilies.   Black Bean Sauce Chow Fun with green bell peppers, onions and either beef or prawns is a favorite use, Clams with black bean sauce, whole fish with black bean sauce, back bean spareribs are other favorites.   I make a hot sauce...
I have tried some very expensive bottles that my reckoning were only a disappointment. Real black truffles when bought fresh may be $450 a pound but that is two small quarter sized truffles for about $25. The real McCoy sliced on a truffle slicer can add the wonderful mushroom aroma like no other mushroom. I adore fresh farm eggs scrambled lightly and topped with truffle slices.   Many of these so called triffle oils are not made from actual truffles, but from our...