or Connect

Posts by CritterTurner

You don't need to go to culinary school to be a great chef, but it can be a great, great resource. I learned things that I wouldn't have been able to pick up in just a restaurant and in my opinion when you learn how to make things without cutting corners the less likely you're going to cut corners down the road. I agree I've been in class with a bunch of arrogant kids who think they're better because they go to culinary school but like with any school you get what you...
Overall replacing mayo with yogurt is fantastic for cutting out fat. If you were to use mayo in cold applications like a spread or a binder in like egg/potato/macaroni salads you could absolutely replace the mayo completely with yogurt, depending on taste preferences. In hot applications it's possible that the yogurt could curdle and most commercially made mayos can withstand heat to a point.
Overall replacing mayo with yogurt is fantastic for cutting out fat. If you were to use mayo in cold applications like a spread or a binder in like egg/potato/macaroni salads you could absolutely replace the mayo completely with yogurt, depending on taste preferences. In hot applications it's possible that the yogurt could curdle and most commercially made mayos can withstand heat to a point.
Petals! If you're still looking for creme brulee ideas I really like to incorporate herbs into desserts. One of my favorite creme brulee combinations is honey and thyme. Just substitute honey for some of the sugar and steep fresh thyme in the milk while scalding.
I have the eggs in a single layer in a sauce pot covered by one inch of cold water. Bring the water to a boil and take pot off the heat and cover for 10-12 min. After the time has passed I shock them in an ice bath. Never had a problem with the eggs being overcooked or the shells cracking.