or Connect

Posts by chefzadi

I am a culinary instructor at Le Cordon Bleu Program in Los Angeles. Needless to say I have many, many Mexican students. In Los Angeles we have many regional Mexican restaurants. Oaxacan is fairly well represented. Americans have only begun to explore regional Mexico, explore might even be strong a word. There is so much to explore and understand about Mexican cooking, trends be damned! It's all about the food. Indeed, Mexican cuisine is rich, varied, diverse and does have...
I agree with you. The thing that I don't understand about the whole thing is that some of proponents of brining suggest it for poultry that has already been injected with saline water, but not for natural poultry. What's the logic here? (rhetorical question).
I absolutely agree. Also the sensual aspects of eating add to the sense of fullfillment. Cook your shrimp with the shell on, the head too. Take your time shelling them, suck on their tasty brains. After dinner go for a walk. When your shopping for groceries don't circle the parking lot looking for the closest space. Take the stairs. Hey, sound too simple to work? It at least helps.
Who's yer Suzanne? :bounce: :roll:
Hi I joined awhile back. I don't think I ever introduced myself. I am a French born Algerian. I attended culinary school in Paris and am currently a chef instructor at The California School of Culinary Arts, Le Cordon Bleu Program.
If you want to be one of the best in your field studying in France is invaluable. The standards for preparing and presenting pastries and baked goods is of a calibur not repeated anywhere else in the world. I was born in Lyon and I started my culinary career there. The city is considered to be the gastronomic center of France. There are lots of idyllic little villages to visit and you will be exposed to the best produce in France.
Private Culinary Schools can be very expensive. If you want to cut tuition costs you can go to a trade/vocational school. As for loans, I can't really advise you on that. You can probably successfully attend culinary full time while working part time. The academic work load at a cooking school will not be has heavy as the one you are used to at University. Most culinary school programs are 15-24 months in length. Realistically, when you first get out of school you will...