or Connect

Posts by Stargazer

I'm using the Aroma rice cooker - here's a link to it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Aroma-UNCOOKED-Stainless-Exterior-ARC-914SBD/dp/B007WQ9YNO
Basmati is usually what I cook, but it clumps just as much as anything.  I have tried keeping it in warm mode also, but it doesn't seem to really help, other than keeping it warm.  The one suggestion I haven't tried is washing the rice first - I will try that next time and see if it helps.
I have been getting creative with my cooking lately, and trying to make a lot of different ethnic cuisines.  I've been doing a lot of Indian lately, and have now started to explore Korean dishes.  One problem that I've been running into is that cooking new styles of cuisine can get really expensive really fast!  Since I don't have a lot of the spices and whatnot on-hand already, I may end up spending upwards of $50 on a single recipe for all of those things.  Once I have...
I have been using a rice cooker to make rice, cous cous, or quinoa for almost every meal I have lately.  The rice cooker that I have cooks the rice perfectly, but it always comes out clumpy!  I have tried using more/less water, but it doesn't seem to change the outcome.  The rice tastes great and seems to be cooked just fine, but it comes out in a huge clump...I could probably stick a knife in the middle and pull out the entire "rice cube" in one piece.   Does anyone...
I've been trying to eat less processed foods and cook for myself more often, but I have trouble finding quick/easy recipes that taste good, are healthy, and are affordable.  I really love to cook now and then, but during the week I'm so busy I don't have much time to spend on cooking.  For a while I was basically buying 5 chicken breasts at the start of the week and having one with a different marinade nightly, but I got sick of chicken fast and only threw in vegetables...