or Connect

Posts by GeneMachine

First update on the Pfefferbeißer - after intial maturing and a bit of cold beech smoke: 
 What can I say... I love my butcher. Don't have the receipt any more, but I bought this single chop and about 2 pounds of shoulder and one pound of belly and paid around 25 euros. EDIT: receipt, not recipe.... posting on cooking sites gets me confused
Swabian-Hall cutlet (and isn't it a beauty!), green asparagus, sauce charcutière    
Another sausage project. Pfefferbeißer, southern German style.   65/35 lean/fat Swabian Hall.     Ground at 10 mm.     Seasoned with salt, pepper, green peppercorns, sweet and hot paprika, majoram, nutmeg, garlic, brown sugar.     And stuffed into 20/22 mm sheep casings.     Won't be complete for the challenge - they at least need a day of rest, two days of light smoke and 1-2 weeks to mature and dry.
 Kasseler! Hell, yeah! Cured it yourself?
 Nah, All covered under the "radical formation -> ass tons of stuff" followup reaction.
First thing coming to my mind is quail. Pairs excellently with a good bacon or pancetta. Some fruit (grapes, dates, apricots) to round up the flavour.
 There is a *New* Complete Techniques? I missed this... how? Also, Complete Robuchon is a nice one, too. Obviously French oriented, but goes through it ingredient by ingredient.
We don't need no water let the m####f#### burn!
Lamb stew with chickpeas, tomatoes, almonds, raisins, seasoned with cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, garlic.