or Connect

Posts by takingstock

but walkergrassfed says this- bad taste is a result of- "get too young a beef - it takes just about 3 years to properly finish a beef on 100% grass. My meat is as well marbled as any feed-lot beef but it takes the extra year to get a beautiful marbeling on grass only. This adds to the expense of raising the beef, thus be prepared to pay for that." This very confusing.
Here in the states it is hard enough to get to know the ranchers/farmers but the "butchers" and processors(?) its a game changer here...almost impossible for the average working person...to get to know them.
Wow...I am going to take this to my GF rancher today.
This is quite a read.....   I bought 1/4 of a GF cow a few years ago......basically very good but I appreciate the opinions here.   The local farmers markets are my sources.   http://www.rockingchairranchcattle.com   My main problem is the toughness...   I buy from local ranchers w/ in a 200 mile radius.   Another problem is that they are required to freeze it all.   Not sure if this is good or bad.   It is all aged for 14 to 21 days...   A big problem is...
Thanks, it was a lot of work.
GF short ribs, Spanish Rice, Small Lasagna, guest brought Gulf Shrimp...             Kale salad
THXI went for another  1.25 hours.  Seems excellent.Currently reducing sauce/gravy.  There was a lot...really too much...  
sure wish I knew more about cooking science.....   These have been a 250° oven for ~ 3 1/2 hours... Internal temp ~ 205°... Taste test....tender...   NOT SURE IF MORE COOKING WILL MAKE THEM BETTER OR OVERDONE-  
Progresssss.......   Had to break out this bad boy to get the HEAT for browning-   Making do...   Pretty "cave man".....   Prep...     Break for breakfast @ 12:30-