or Connect

Posts by PatG

In case you missed it, some people complained that the worst thing was having last minute customers.  This was just to say that if last minute customers are a problem for you, then it is most likely because of the way you do things.  Fix those problems, like making sure staff are happy to stay after closing to do the cleanup and do it properly by paying them fairly for the cleanup time and then your last minute customer will no longer be a problem but another opportunity...
If people are being paid for the time it takes them to clean up, then great, they factor that into their working day/hours and you serve whatever customers come in prior to stipulated closing time and then clean up, on the clock, so no problem and everyone should be happy.  But if, as many owners do, you pay your staff only until closing time, and then expect them to work for free to clean up - well, you have just created your own problem.  The last few customers will...
Thank you for a detailed and authentic recipe. Your professionalism shows in the details, much better than amateurs like me could eve have done.  I have been longing to break out of the rut of the same thing over and over again and discussions with my husband led us back to this dish, which we knew as metemgee.  We searched for the old cookbook containing the recipe my Guyanese mother-in-law gave us when we married, but after 40 years it seems to have disappeared.  My...