or Connect

Posts by Phaedrus

It begins and ends with the owner.  Period.  If I was the owner I'd tell the Chef to hit the bricks.  You wanna make the calls?  Buy your own restaurant!  Until then the owner is the boss.
I can't fathom why anyone would want to wear jeans in a restaurant kitchen.  They're hot and uncomfortable as hell compared to pants from Chefwear or the like.
A head chef is so much like an NFL QB.  He or she is the heart of the team but few are elite.
Anyone that's spent any serious time in a pro kitchen knows sexism is rampant.  Sure, there are good kitchens but the bad ones outnumber the good in this respect.  YMMV.
When a club membership is in the hundreds of thousands of dollars per the food cost is usually irrelevant.  Making the member happy is the issue, and it's an expensive proposition.
Don't walk- run from that place!  Sounds like a hellhole.  You have to have some pride in your job to look at yourself in the mirror each morning.
I don't get too worked up over titles.  "Chef" just means you're in charge of the kitchen, or at least that's my definition.
I prefer Celox and Hemcon but I agree- hemostatics are a key part of every first aid kit.
Mine grows back thinner every year.
I don't really care what you do to your body; it's your body.  But after decades of seeing tats and their owners I have formulated the opinion that while 75% of people will claim their tatoos are "just for me- I don't care what other people think" the truth is probably that in 99.5% of the cases, the tatoo was intended to communicate something.  The wearing wants attention or is trying to make some kind of statement.  So it's kind of being hypocritical to clamor for...