or Connect

Posts by Phaedrus

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/nov/28/news/la-dd-local-chef-kc-ma-killed-in-accident-20121127     They say a person dies twice, first when their physical body dies and again the last time someone speaks their name.  Out of the blue today I was thinking of Chef KC Ma who some of you here will know, either IRL or from his online presence.  And no wonder he was on my mind...it was just over two years ago that he passed away in a motorcycle crash.   Since I was thinking...
Note that ljokjel is in Norway.  Things are a little different there than in the US.
Congrats!  It's natural to be nervous for your first Chef gig, so don't worry.  I suggest being organized.  Buy a bunch of pocket notebooks and use them.  Keep one on you all the time.  Don't be afraid to keep notes.  For ordering- yeah, we all make errors and end up short and we've all been shorted by a vendor.  Work on a par sheet so you know how much to keep on hand, that makes it a lot easier.   Believe in yourself.  You'll make mistakes, we all do.  Own up to them...
Cool!  Konosuke makes some awesome knives.
I e-mailed him and he said as much.  Got kind of burned out on being "the knife guy" and kitchen stuff in general.  Seems he's been really into the coffee stuff of late.  But all is well.
Personally I really like it done sous vide then deep fried. YMMV, of course.
Yeah, you can do a 10 degree primary with a micro bevel at around 15-17 and it will stay sharp for quite a while.  Best of both worlds.
I don't much care for a toothy edge for much of anything.  However I realize I'm in the minority in that regard.
Nice!  I've wanted one of David's boards for a long time.  I have a Boos and it's okay but the Boardsmiths are nicer.
That recipe has worked great for me, too.