or Connect

Posts by Phaedrus

Annoying and something they should fix, but I would have zero worries about using the blade.  Especially if you're a home cook.
You can bump it gently if you have to be I don't recommend it.  I would suggest you either keep a bain marie of jus to dunk it in or just toss it on your flat top to reheat (splash with just a little water to create steam to help it heat).  Heating on the griddle is better than nuking it.
Guess I've been a little scarce lately, too...didn't realize BDL had moved on.  Anyone know where he went?
It begins and ends with the owner.  Period.  If I was the owner I'd tell the Chef to hit the bricks.  You wanna make the calls?  Buy your own restaurant!  Until then the owner is the boss.
I can't fathom why anyone would want to wear jeans in a restaurant kitchen.  They're hot and uncomfortable as hell compared to pants from Chefwear or the like.
A head chef is so much like an NFL QB.  He or she is the heart of the team but few are elite.
Anyone that's spent any serious time in a pro kitchen knows sexism is rampant.  Sure, there are good kitchens but the bad ones outnumber the good in this respect.  YMMV.
When a club membership is in the hundreds of thousands of dollars per the food cost is usually irrelevant.  Making the member happy is the issue, and it's an expensive proposition.
Don't walk- run from that place!  Sounds like a hellhole.  You have to have some pride in your job to look at yourself in the mirror each morning.
I don't get too worked up over titles.  "Chef" just means you're in charge of the kitchen, or at least that's my definition.