or Connect

Posts by BeardedCrow

Misono Swedish sujihiki 270 (daily knife) Yoshihiro Yanagi 300 (sashimi sushi) Kanetsune yanagi 240 (back up) Shun Yanagi 270 (loaner) Caddie slicer (home knife) Wurstoff chef 8" (home knife) Looking to get konosuke white or blue suji
Still after about 2000 hours of using my misono Swedish sujihiki it is easily my go to knife.
Congrats! Mac make good knives. Just sharpened my teppan chefs Mac and it has a good edge and long retention.
You've just made me very hungry!
Appreciate the advice! Purchased a SAUCES book online, this book is gold!
Not sure if this is going to help you, but I was taught to sharpen by my head chef giving me a cheap dull kitchen knife and a $25 1200 grit king stone. He showed basic angle of kitchen knife (about 15•) and said to keep hands steady. There are many videos on YouTube that I didn't have back then. Jon broida has many videos I find helpful.
Haha! I would love to be able to do many styles of food at home other than grill and sushi...
Fishy because I'm a professional sushi chef But I'm eager to learn normal culinary ideas and techniques. Sorry.
Hi zoji! Hopefully we can all learn great cuisine because I certainly want to step out of my comfort zone. I'd love to make black bean noodle at home!
My GF went to culinary school (not CIA) but the ones included were terrible. I'd bring just a personal chef knife. Maybe you could just gift the knife set after?