or Connect

Posts by paxi

Nope, the because of the mayonnaise in the chicken patties - the patties are very rather fragile. You can't scoop a spatula underneath them.   Nope we don't have to in our country :)  Sacrilege indeed.  That's a good idea - i'll actually experiment with parchment paper. Don't think using parchment paper would deem the gloves redundant though - but it's definitely something worth looking into. We're already cooking them on a flat top :)   Freezing introduces some ice...
Like i said ... it's not a matter of wasting gloves ... i thought it'd just take more time.   Yes, we've the meat portioned before the shift. It's a burger joint, so the meat comes in the forms of pre-weighed lumps/balls/pucks and they're turned into patties before the shift starts.
Oh okay - i'm actually not a trained chef - just got lucky with running a burger joint in a third world country :)   I just thought there would be a faster option then simply changing gloves - you can blame it on my ignorance.
 We use a spatula to scoop em up and then throw them on the grill. 
I *think* that it can't be done simply because of the time required to change gloves in a fast food restaurant is way too much .. so before i start it i'm looking for other ways :)
Greetings.   I've come up with a recipe, for chicken burgers, at my burger place which makes use of minced chicken with mayonnaise.  Now the problem is that these patties eventually end up being too soft and fragile and have to be picked up by hand ... now if they have to be picked up by hand, that leads to the issue of cross contamination since gloves have to be changed after picking them up. And this can't be done after using just one patty.     I was just wondering...
Hi!   I run a small burger restaurant, with an output of around a 100 burgers a day. Nothing major but still big enough to warrant investing in equipment that improves standardization. Currently we're toasting the buns on the grill. I'm not happy with this method because of a number of reasons, but primarily because it sometimes leads to the buns getting burnt by being over grilled.   I'm now looking to buy a convenor bun toaster. For that i had a few question:   1)...
Ah thanks for the detailed reply Micheal. That machine does seem like it would come in handy at my place .. we only do grilled beef burgers and often end up with complaints of raw beef patties.   I was just wondering, do you know how places like Shake shack and five guys time their patties? When exactly do they know that the patties have been cooked thoroughly? Do they time it or is it left to the judgement of the guy handling the grill (based on colour change). This...
Thanks Eloki! I guess i'll go ahead with this recipe. You should try it for yourself as well. Makes for some pretty decent tasting chicken burgers!
Hello.   I have a flat top electric gas griddle, which i use for making burgers.    1) What is the recommended temprature at which i should keep the patties? Currently my griddle is kept as high as 550 Farenhite!   2) I've noticed that there is a pretty significant variation in temprature across the grill. Its highest in the center and quite low at the edges. Currently the variation is about 50 degrees. From 450 farenhite to 500 farenhite (measured via an...