Posts by paxi

Thanks Brain. Yes, I was using fresh lemons. I'll look into making it with sugar syrup too. 
Thanks for the comments Brian. No offense taken.  I fully believe in serving quality products, and no top of that ensuring that they're made to a set grade. That's why i'm especially concerned that I'm fully aware of how long a certain product retains its optimal flavor. I was confused because on the internet certain websites are suggesting that a brew can stay good for upto a week in the fridge. 
Hello. I operate a small burger joint and wanted to introduce lemonade on the menu. I just wanted to know if the following method is correct for making lemonade: I prepare a concentrate of water, granulated sugar and lemon juice. I blend all three in a blender and then refrigerate the mix. This mix is then poured over a glass full of ice when the order comes. I just wanted to know if: 1. this method is fine for making lemonade. 2. how long will this concentrate stay...
Thank you. I think you're absolutely right. I should've shared a caveat: though not Asian myself I'm located in Asia and hence Iced Coffee has a slightly different connotation here.  I'll try following the method that you mentioned.   I have another question though: How long can I keep coffee that comes out of a coffee machine in the fridge? Does it not start to loose some of its flavor (start going bad) after a few hours. Can it be kept for like upto 48 hours? Ideally...
Hello!  The summers are here and I've just introduced a few chillers on my menu. Along with this I'm thinking of also introducing Iced Coffee on the menu. Unfortunately, I don't have one of those expensive coffee machines. I was just wondering If I can use a simple coffee maker to make decent iced coffee? The recipe that I had in mind was, that I utilize the coffee from my machine and mix it with Ice and Condensed Milk to make a final product that is suitable. Maybe...
Alright so i'm thinking of introducing a few slow cooked pulled sandwiches at my restaurant. Currently we're doing burgers on a griddle. The slow cooked meat will be stored in a fridge. When the order comes the meat will be reheated and applied on  toasted bread, topped and served.    Now i'm at a loss here on how exactly to reheat the meat? Someone suggested that i should just microwave it for a bit ... the sort of sandwiches that i'm serving don't really need to be...
Thank you so much for all the tips guys. It's all down to the potato. I tried fries from two places, reputedly serving the best fresh fries in the city and well .. they were way worse then McCains frozen fries. So i've given up on perfecting the fry till i'm able to source quality potatoes from a local source. Thank you all for your help! 
Thanks for the help. With regards to the choice of Potatoes - can the choice of the potato eventually cause greasiness in the fries? And how do i determine the sugar content? And what other chemical factors should i consider? Pectin levels? Water content of potatoes etc etc?
Thanks a lot for the detailed recipe! @oldschool1982 . I'm trying this today and will let you know how it turns out to be. 
 How do you cool after the first fry? Can you freeze with this method after the first fry? Also, how long do you initially soak the fries in the first step?