or Connect

Posts by strawberrylover

panini: I agree with your method, thanks for your input, only part i didn't agree was drizzling the oil, it will take ages, pouring the oil slowly is fine,but drizzling one cup ++ of oil will  take ages. I usually just dump in the oil. Anyway I will definitely add oil to the eggs and whisk it and make it airy and see the difference. I know just by beating eggs, it will change colour if it whisks long enough. I will add the oil and eggs and whisks it until it incorporates...
Thanks BrianShaw, on my second post which I posted two recipes, I say I may back the carrot cake recipe on the second link i posted, once I baked that recipe, maybe i will try out that recipe you posted which there will be a high chance i will bake the recipe you posted once i am done with the first, I will be baking the recipe you posted after that if i will still be baking carrot cake in the future after I bake the carrot cake recipe on the second link. Thanks for the...
Thanks for the reply panini,   I was cooking this recipe the second time around.   http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/best-carrot-cake-10000000257583/   and if i make carrot cake again, i might use this recipe as below.     http://threemanycooks.com/recipes/sweet-treats/my-perfect-carrot-cake/   Thanks for your input on the moisture, it wasn't a problem for my chocolate cake putting a tray of water at oven bottom. I read an article which says when the steam touch...
 I recently make carrot cake twice, first attempt it was too soggy,  I did a mistake, I cover the top of the tray with the oven aluminium so there is no direct heat, so later on after trying the cake, heated oven to the correct temperature and bake 15 minutes and no longer soggy and cake rise despite I cut out some already for testing, so lesson learned, don't cover it from direct heat. Usually I put water in a container on oven floor, I didn't do it this time, so I...
The recipe is here, but I modify it to the best or closest to the best http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/easy_chocolate_cake_31070 ,Original recipe calls for 350 grams sugar, I lower it to 250 grams sugar and change it to muscovado sugar, 2 tablespoons coffee is my second alteration, Also the chocolate for the icing I increase it to 50% more chocolate so the icing will be firmer and not easy to melt. I tried 1:1 for icing and decide it is better to get have 50% more...
I am not sure if I can recommend in time for you to make a birthday cake for your grandson depending when is his birthday, but I certainly can recommend you good recipes for chocolate cake and good suggestions. I am good at making chocolate cake and certainly can recommend you few good chocolate cake recipes and some tips on how to make a good chocolate cake.
Original recipe 315 grams flour blend 400 grams water 400/315=44% more water than flour 1 tablespoon of flour blend is 8 grams Therefore two tablespoons is 16 grams 16 grams water is 1.0666 tablespoons Since first time doing water is 44% more. 1.0666 X 1.4444= 1.5405 tablespoon, closer to 1 and a half tablespoons of water. 1 tablespoon of bread flour = 7.94 grams 1 tablespoon of wholewheat flour is 8.10 grams 1 tablespoon of water is 15 grams 1 tablespoon of...
The original tartine starter is so wasteful, so after doing some tedious calculations, here is the scaled down version.   To Start making Starter from Day 1 Flour blend (50% whole wheat, 50% white bread flour)   Step 1:  2 tablespoons  flour blend and mix  1.54 tablespoons water(1 and half tablespoons water + 1/8 teaspoons water), mix the flour and water together,leave it in a container and loosely cover the cap for a day or two(depends on the temperature of your...
I am planning to either bake nigella's lawson devil's food cake recipe or nigella's lawson chocolate fudge cake but most likely will be baking the chocolate fudge cake but still may bake the devil's food cake but will most likely bake the chocolate fudge cake, I will only mostly follow the fillings for recipe(the part that requires flour meaning filling), the middle part of the fudge cake that splits the cake in two and the frosting I usually make my own meaning not...
I think they say milk makes the cake taste better, what do you think? What I have in mind is chocolate cake, I am planning to bake choclate cake, it does asks for boiling water, i was wondering if i could use hot milk instead, the specific recipe did not ask for milk.thanks for the answers in advance.