or Connect

Posts by draftedcaterer

Arrggh - indecisive brides....
Know that this was not entirely what you asked but when you age beef for 21+ days it breaks down the enzimes and you get a tenderer, healthier (easier to digest) meat. I've never been to Mexico but I know a lot of chefs up here who are working directly with the farmers, purchasing a whole/half animal (which cuts costs down and helps the farmer at the same time) and then you can specify whatever you like for butchering. Again, I have never been to Mexico, and as someone...
Thank you for your replies, they have been very helpful. I am more confident now in trying to pull this together:)
I'm worried about people taking seconds of the puddings and not having enough - how many extra do you think I should make to solve this? How many veg would you suggest? The reception is supposed to start at about 5pm and go to about 10:30 - I'm assuming that they will want to just leave the veg tray out. All of the meat is to be supplied by hunter friends of the bride and groom... No idea of what I am actually going to end up with. From the duck that they have already...
Hi, could someone please give me some pointers; I've worked as a farm cook for 10 years and have recently been asked to start catering. My first official job is a wedding buffet for 200 people. The menue is: duck breast confit, moose roast, deer sausage, yorkshire pudding, garlic mashed potatoes, peas, cauliflower and broccoli with a white cheese sauce, a raw veggie platter, and ceasar salad. Bread and squares are to be brought in by family members. So, all in all, a...