or Connect

Posts by Jellly

Here is the recipe - I originally did grapefruit nougat with absinthe jellies folded in.   8 oz White Chocolate 1 oz Cocoa Butter 3 Whites 956g Corn Syrup 1 1/3 c Sugar 1/2 c Water 2 t Gelatin, bloomed   Melt chocolate and cocoa butter together, set aside.  Melt bloomed gelatin and hold.  Cook corn syrup, sugar and water to 240.  *Note - Around the time the mixture hits 225, start whipping egg whites, they should be stiff peak when mixture hits 240). Pour 1/3 of the...
We have it easier in a professional kitchen where the parchment comes in flat sheets already cut to fit our pans. Try spraying your pan VERY well with baking spray before lining. This will hold it down. Another option when I cook at home is to use Reynolds nonstick foil. This stuff is magic and more nonstick than silpats.
I love a touch of floral, but your description makes me fear the dessert could end up being too "perfumy". You also mention the vanilla violet parfait not tasting like violet. I'm not sure that's a good thing. In my opinion if a dessert description includes a flavor I can't find in the dessert, I am disappointed. Perhaps start with one floral flavor paired with something seasonal and go from there.
Reverse spherification will hold longer. I have some larger strawberry spheres that I can hold for 2 days.
I firmly believe holiday gifts should only be given down the chain of command, not up. If someone worked in a small, family-owned business and had a personal friendship with the owner that would be an exception. Otherwise it just looks like brown nosing. Some of my employees still give me gifts and I have no idea how to discourage them.
I did Eatwith this summer while I was in Rome. It was a lot of fun and I met some fascinating people. The price was reasonable, so I don't think the hosts are making a lot of profit. It would be about the experience and I highly recommend it to anyone.
I love Japanese cheesecake, but don't have a lot of experience with it. When I did test it out for a plated dessert, I found that many pairings overpowered its delicate texture. Finding a frosting that won't do that would be a challenge.
Over the years the amount of cooking I do at home has become inversely proportional to my career advancement. When I started out I was so hungry to learn more and show off my skills, I would cook at home all the time. Now I sort of groan when people visit from out of town and I am expected to show off my fancy cooking skills.
Osama- I wish I could help, but when we tried this out at our shop (not using the official recipe, mind you) it was good, but also had issues with greasiness. I haven't seen the official recipe, but I have know a chef or two that intentionally left out a detail on a recipe so that no one else could make their specialty quite as well as they could. That may not be the case here, but I have heard that his method is very specific. Sometimes even the slightest change (like a...
Welome, Ellen.