or Connect

Posts by Jellly

I haven't tried freezing either, but my instincts tell me no. I believe the texture will be affected and once the items thaw, they will lose water.
I use my Pacojet frequently. Most ice cream recipes work fine without adjustments, spin it a few hours before you serve. Exceptions include certain ice creams with high fat, like brown butter or white chocolate. These varieties can work, but may need adjustments.
Thank you, JCakes, I had forgotten about Starchefs, they do have several postings. Networking would be ideal if I weren't such an introvert. I have found most of my jobs up to now through people I know, but I'm not sure how far that will take me this time.
I am wondering if any chefs can share their experience with job searches once they have advanced a bit in their career.   I am currently under contract with my employer for a set time and considering my options for renewing vs. finding a new position.  However, I find that I have become a bit more specialized in my career over the last few years.  The bright side is that I have skills and experience that may be in demand for certain positions, but I find it harder to...
Since when does anything cook from the inside out?
Some of the most exciting new places are opening in Chinatown(Chada Street) just a few blocks west of the Strip or downtown(Glutton). Bouchon @ the Venetian, has amazing breakfast. If you really want to do it up right, Robuchon or Guy Savoy.
So far, it hasn't been very practical for production. Perhaps in a high-end/low volume kitchen it would be ok, but takes me hours to produce 100 portions. If the room is too warm, it slows down, so I would not want to use it to order.
muffildy- I'm sorry I can't help. I am really just posting to say you aren't alone. I used to be in a position where we would do large batches of cake using fluid flex and would absolutely see different results. We did so many tests trying to identify the variables that were affecting the outcome. There were lots of theories, but nothing conclusive. Good luck!
I don't think those flavors sound terribly appealing, but I suggest you try it out anyway. When I first started creating recipes, many of my ideas did not work out but I learned a lot from the process. I especially got better at paying attention to how flavors interact and at visualizing the end result. To create new and exciting dishes, you can't always play it safe. After saying that, I would add that at least in a restaurant with an a la carte menu, the dish doesn't...
So, I inherited an anti-griddle. I have one item I will be producing with it, but I can't say I am all that excited about it. Now I am wondering what cool things I can make. Is anyone using one for pastry? I am in research mode.