or Connect

Posts by Jellly

Marinpa- thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I hadn't known that.
Why would coconut sugar be different for diabetics than cane sugar?   I am not being sarcastic, I use coconut sugar for something at work and am curious.
I agree with Redbeerd Cantu and would also add that it is helpful to look at the pay over a longer period. For example, servers can make good money, but it's a young person's game. I would expect a talented chef's salary to increase over time while many servers see their peak income when they are younger.
I have only had it weep when I bind alcohol or very acidic components. The basic rules I know are to add agar to your liquid before heating and allow to hydrate. Bring to a boil and simmer for 90 seconds. Sugar can interfere with it activating, so in high quantities, add the sugar after your mixture has come to a boil. Once your mixture is set you will have a brittle gel or you can blend it to get a fluid gel. It is thermo-reversible.
Dhammons- I work with agar quite a bit and have a hard time picturing it as a whipped cream stabilizer, though I do love it for fluid gels. How do you apply it for this since it requires heat to activate and forms a brittle gel?
900g  Mascarpone 392g    10x 1125g Cream 1/4c    Marsala   The above recipe is what I used for a quick tiramisu-style filling.  I whip the mascarpone with the 10x first, then stream in the cream and marsala and take to stiff peaks.  I was given this recipe years ago and since have used it in many variations for shortcakes and crepe filling.  I have added chestnut puree with rum for a pavlova and roasted kabocha puree and gelatin for a mousse filling with candied...
One more option - I love to use mascarpone in my whipped cream.  It gives it a much heavier, richer mouth feel without the artificial ingredients.  It might not be exactly what you are looking for, but someone else may want to sample.  It holds so well, that you can add a generous amount of alcohol if you are so inclined and is quite decadent.
Pralines would be a southern treat, but praline paste (using hazelnuts) as an ingredient seems to be in half of the French desserts I have tried.
Praline, praline, praline. Pate a choux, creme brulee, baba au rhum, Napoleon (or other things with puff), Mont Blanc.
And yet...if you ask a bunch of people about shrimp scampi and they all know it as the same dish, at some point doesn't it really mean that? Languages change over time. It happens.