or Connect

Posts by Jellly

Dhammons- I work with agar quite a bit and have a hard time picturing it as a whipped cream stabilizer, though I do love it for fluid gels. How do you apply it for this since it requires heat to activate and forms a brittle gel?
900g  Mascarpone 392g    10x 1125g Cream 1/4c    Marsala   The above recipe is what I used for a quick tiramisu-style filling.  I whip the mascarpone with the 10x first, then stream in the cream and marsala and take to stiff peaks.  I was given this recipe years ago and since have used it in many variations for shortcakes and crepe filling.  I have added chestnut puree with rum for a pavlova and roasted kabocha puree and gelatin for a mousse filling with candied...
One more option - I love to use mascarpone in my whipped cream.  It gives it a much heavier, richer mouth feel without the artificial ingredients.  It might not be exactly what you are looking for, but someone else may want to sample.  It holds so well, that you can add a generous amount of alcohol if you are so inclined and is quite decadent.
Pralines would be a southern treat, but praline paste (using hazelnuts) as an ingredient seems to be in half of the French desserts I have tried.
Praline, praline, praline. Pate a choux, creme brulee, baba au rhum, Napoleon (or other things with puff), Mont Blanc.
And yet...if you ask a bunch of people about shrimp scampi and they all know it as the same dish, at some point doesn't it really mean that? Languages change over time. It happens.
Why would using butter instead of oil relate to sugar-free or gluten-free? Aside from that question, keep in mind that butter is about 82% fat while oil is 100% fat, so you need to adjust for that.
They are supposed to do that. http://www.tastingtable.com/entry_detail/national/17273/Baking_Perfect_Madeleines_with_David_Lebovitz.htm
Some of the best new restaurants to open are just off the Strip, in Chinatown. Chada Thai, Omae, Yonaka, Izakaya Go,Raku/ Sweet Raku. A few others to check out: Sage, dB Brasserie, Bouchon has an amazing brunch, Mizumi. The weather is beautiful right now, we just hit a few record highs. Have a great trip!
Quality white chocolate is not pure white, but more of a cream color. To get white, you either need to use coating chocolate or to add white cocoa butter coloring.