or Connect

Posts by Wambly

Being a libertarian, I hope that you will check out http://www.consumerfreedom.com/ They have a whole slew of articles on this topic. I know what they have to say will not please everyone in these forums (they defend genetically modified foods) but I find it to be a place to find the "other side of the story" not mentioned by most of the news media.
Suzanne, I wasn't inferring any one race, creed, color, or religion.... Mass migrations bring laborers willing to work for low wages. Illegeal immigrants will work for even less. When you scale up the pay for managment of those low wage earners, it doesn't get very high. The labor laws part of it was refering to the same thing others have already written: the lack of compensation for overtime of salaried workers.
"When I work with someone who is more concerned with thereselves than with the customer it just drives me nuts . " Sounds like 99% of the owners and 50% of the managers I have worked with/for. The hours with no pay was fine for a while. Didn't mind it at all when I was learning (not that I ever stopped) but when busboys make more per hour than the exec chef, things are just flat wrong. Part of the problem I see is lack of immigration controls along with a lack of...
For Alfredo I reduce shallots in white wine then add the cream and let it reduce then add parm . To get to nape I watch the bubbles ... they will start to take longer to pop as the sauce becomes more viscous. If you are doing a large batch make sure and use a tall sauce pan to keep the cream from boiling over. I have used sauté pans for this when making single order pan reductions, but you have to watch the heat closely to keep the sauce in the pan and off the...
Expediters are great, but they are only needed when you are very busy ... I have worked with and without them .. one of the most enjoyable jobs I have had was running the grill and calling orders. You just need a cook that understands timing. Do you change your menu for the slow season? If the line is just to big (I will say I find that hard to believe ;) you might try designing a menu around one or two stations of the line. You can cut a cook by having the wait...
Not sure how wide your slices are, but jalapenos are about two inches long ... There is a big difference between fresh and pickled jalapenos, I would use about half as much pickled if the recipe was for fresh just due to the spices used in the pickling.
You are correct UniChef ... Being found is the name of the game. Several ways to look at the problem. If you do a search for the keywords you want to be asociated with, try to get a link on the pages that hold the top ten spots.... I haven't worried about search engines with a personal chef page due to the fact the the USPCA comes up in the top ten and I have a link on thier page thru 'hire a chef'. The fact we are VERY local has something to do with it too, not real...
Brine is great stuff ... Try it on pork chops too.
With all of the HTML/web authoring sites out there you could probably just set up a links page and save yourself some time My fav is the HTML writers guild: http://www.hwg.org/ I wrote the page for our PC service that is hosted off of the USPCA server: http://www.cuisinebydesign.com/ If you are on your own server with ChefTalk, offering space might be a good idea...
I bet you just love the Bragard/Chef Wear/etc. sales catalogues UniChef