or Connect

Posts by Andy M.

I also have tried the Kirkland EVOO and like it. It has a nice fruity taste. Asian markets are an excellent source for smaller quantities of peanut oil, starting at the one liter size. Asian peanut oils have a rich peanut aroma and flavor while American peanut oils are much milder. Either way, they have a high smoke point and work well for frying and sauteing.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8004291/ Holy Cow, Mom was right!
You could be putting yourself in the unenviable position of becoming unnecessary when she falls for some other guy. If you want to escalate the relationship, talk to her about it. If you're happy with things the way they are, do nothing. Would it be acceptable to you to continue like this forever? If not (it must be killing you that you're "just friends"), you have nothing to lose. Talk to her! After all, communication is the key to a successful relationship.
Here's a recipe from Julia Child's French Chef Show: MAYONNAISE 3Egg Yolks 1/2 tspLemon Juice OR 1/2 tspVinegar 1/4 tspDry Mustard 1/2 tspSalt 2 COil Beat the eggs, lemon juice, mustard and salt completely until the are thick and sticky, about 1-1½ minutes. While continuing to beat the eggs, drizzle the oil into the eggs a few drops at a time. Proceed very slowly at first, increasing the rate of pouring in the oil gradually. Don’t stop mixing or...
...and now you understand why three chefs left in a five month span.
Mom used to make a porridge kind of dish with hulled wheat and poultry. We were told not to drink water for at least an hour after dinner because if we did, the hulled wheat would swell up in our stomach and make us sick. And, of course, there's the ever popular, "If you don't stop, you'll go blind."
To further confuse the issue, I have noticed in recipes that originate in Europe, cilantro is often referred to as coriander leaves or simply as coriander.
Rub a bit of oil on the top end of the dough hook before attaching it to the mixer. That will slow the dough's climb up the hook.
I learned in a trial where I sat on the jury, that you are responsible for the victim "as you find him". In other words, if you sneak up behind a guy and pop a big baloon, then he dies of a heart attack because he had a weak heart, YOU'RE responsible for his death. So, I'd guess the restaurant would be held liable.
When my stone gets dirty, I leave it in the oven during the self-cleaning cycle. Clean as a whistle!