or Connect

Posts by jenni belle

I just wanted to thank everyone for all their help. The meal turned out fantastic. I had few problems. I had plenty of food and it all tasted great. I actually lost a few servers the day of the event :mad: and couldn't replace them in time. It worked out alright though. My other staff busted butt and filled the void. The only thing I hated was the facility itself. The dish washing area was grossly inadequate and there wasn't enough room in the...
shroomgirl: Yes, there will be bread and butter. The bread will, initially, be part of the centerpiece, but it is for dinner later. This dinner is for the anniversary of the 25th ordination of a priest, so for their centerpieces, they were going to have bottles of wine and bread symbolizes the eucharist. I thought that was kind of neat. So, anyway, yes to bread & butter. I'm doing the table set up, but that is no worries because I can set up as early as 9:00 in the...
Okay, I saw the facility's kitchen last night. It consists of a refrigerator, freezer, two warming ovens, sink, ice maker, coffee maker and one 8 foot table for prep. And I'm not allowed any more tables. :rolleyes: Thank you SOOO much everyone! This help is fantastic! I've really got a good idea of what I can do ahead of time now. I think I can handle the pasta and sauce in the 2 1/2 hours or so I have. I love the idea of the thermoses! Great one! And Pete, the 12...
Thanks for the advice so far. I will talk to the client about using a hardier pasta like penne. I don't think they will mind. What about my sauce? Cream sauces are so delicate. Is there any way of preparing this ahead of time? They just don't seem to reheat. Also, How can I calculate how much sauce I'll need. I've figured for 75 people, about 12 pounds of pasta will be needed. Does that sound right? I figured out about 2.5 ounces per person and then just rounded up to...
I am losing sleep over a catering job I have coming up in three weeks. Please help me! I've only been catering for a little over a year and this by far will be my biggest and nicest job yet. I have a menu of crudite and tomato crostini for hors d'oeuvre, a potato & zucchini minestra for soup course, spring salad course, and the main entree will be a pasta dish of farfalle with shrimp, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms & pine nuts in a light cream sauce. Here's my sleep...
:rolleyes: I mentioned her in a post lately, but I certainly wasn't bashing her. She's great for her target audience. I, however, am not her target audience. And I don't think there are many of us here that fall into that category.
I too am addicted to that stupid Top Chef show. He's not top chef material, but I really like Dave! There's just something lovable about him! I'm pulling for Leeann or Harold as well, as I know Dave won't make it. As long as Tiffani or Stephen doesn't win I'll be happy. I can't stand either one of them. I agree with Pete in that I loved the episode where Tiffani asked Tom if he'd deep fry a steak for a customer and he's said if that's what they wanted. That was awesome.
UGH. I could barely sit through 10 minutes of it. I think I'd rather sit through Rachel Ray's show if that's any indication... :eek: :suprise: :rolleyes:
Hello all! Once again I need some help. I'm getting better at calculating food when I have either one or two entrees, but this project is a little more involved. I'm doing a luau and the customer wants many different meaty choices. We're going with chicken, beef and shrimp. The chicken will be tenderloin sized pieces. The beef will be kabob pieces, approx. 2" squares. On top of that, there will also be a roasted pig. With all the other options, I'm suggesting just one...
I do a concession booth for several outdoor events in my local area. I've never done a fair though. The events I've always done have never lasted more than a weekend. It is good money. I'll tell you your biggest profit will be from refreshments alone...hot summer days and people have nothing to drink. Anyway, state to state requirements are probably different. My state doesn't require too much. You do have to have a seperate license (which I think is a rip off) aside...