or Connect

Posts by redace1960

i just did this two nights ago. SOOOOOO much better than green bean casserole. get some nice filet beans and steam them a bit. quicker than casserole too.
.....or my personal favorite, garlic hotwater bagel, cream cheese and a stack of lox. this is healthy. you have your dairy group, your grain group, your vegetable group-the garlic, and your lox group. seriously, anything you can eat you can eat for breakfast. if you want an enchilada, you just go ahead and do it.:smiles:
kona is like a fuller medium roast columbian. its a matter of personal taste, though; any coffee is only as good as the roast. much as i hate to toot their horn, you can always rely on starbucks to have well-roasted beans. i make a xmas cookie with their french roast that is better than....! for gods sake avoid flavored coffees like the very plague.
I'm sorry, chrose. have a safe trip. my thoughts are with you.
reading this with great interest. I have 50-50 success with french fries. two things that taste good: use really old potatoes. the extra crispiness the shape adds maked it so much more than just puff potatoes. heres another vote for lard; alternatively, try out your own fat from beef suet. HEAVEN!!!!! one thing that doesn't-corn oil. i wouldnt grease an oxcart with it.
still stumpin' for james beard.:smoking:
according to (the roadside place where they shot some of the final scenes of 'Pulp Fiction') in wenatchee, wa, you melt some yellow crayons in mayonnaise and add 1/2 cup salt. throw in a scoop of mashed potatoes and a couple of pieces of ice for that lumpy, watery look that says ' holly held over steam too long without stirring.'
hey, i'll bow to jeff smith. anyway, thats a method of getting the unique, soft chicken. now somebody figure out cape codders 'piccata-like sauce'! thats got me stumped.
'princessed' chicken is an ingredient in 'velvet chicken'. at least, it is at the 'New Peking' in everett, wa i don't know if this is a classic dish or a name the cook made up or what; but i ordered it and then bugged the chinese lady who owned the place until she told me how it was made. she explained that 'princessing' makes the chicken soft, white and sweet, like a princess. ive come across the method in other chinese cooking books- the old 70's time-life book...
you're exactly right. i learned to do yorkshire by putting the suet on the top of the roast, it up on a rack over a deep pan holding the yorkshire pudding batter. the fat and juice drip down onto the batter all through the cooking and it gets all crispy and wonderful! works best when you are cooking in a slow oven or instead of nice yorkshire pudding, you end up with a flaming brick of char.