or Connect

Posts by Metrakay

ChristineMary,  I'm still using this one.  Haven't replaced any more parts, never have bothered with the ball catch -- I just stick a spreader between the door and the latch and it works just peachy.  It is still going strong.  I paid $300 for mine, another $100 for shipping, about 50 hours of cleaning, then another $180??? for a new element. It needed the fan pulled off with an engine puller to get it clean initially, but I haven't had to clean the fan since. I bought...
Hi, KristiJo, I have a B&B and I ask EVERY time I take a reservation if anyone in the group has food allergies or avoidances or preferences that I should take into account when planning the breakfast menu. And then I do my best to take everyone's items into account. But they have to tell me. And it is best if they tell me BEFORE they get here, in case I have to go to the store to get something I don't have. Unfortunately, people usually say, "Oh, we can eat...
Here's an idea -- If you can't make the gig/shift for some reason, either call early enough for the boss to find a replacement or provide one yourself... like call a co-worker who's off that day and arrange a trade... I'd rather get a call from someone sick (if they're trustworthy) than see them in person. I don't need to get sick any more than my customers do. And I CAN'T stay home if I'm sick -- I have to just plain close the doors as I have a b&b... or cancel a...
Well, the new oven parts came (finally), and I managed to get the plate off but can't get the ball latch off yet. Meanwhile, it is mostly staying closed thanks to the new plate. I ordered from a company that claimed they had it in stock, but then they couldn't get their warehouse caught up -- they finally outsourced to another company to get me the part. Panini, several years ago, I did some work for someone that produces reproduction parts for Mustangs (or at least...
I've never used partselect, but repairclinic couldn't help me when I needed a new element for it. I ended up ordering the element from Ansels. I'll probably try Ansels again (if they still exist).
Lamington, My biggest concern with a combined unit is that I use both simultaneously A LOT. That being said, you might also go to King Arthur Flour's forum, http:\\bakingcircle.com (you'll need to register) and then select "Q/A: Kitchens and Equipment" and type kenwood in the search box and press go. They have had several discussions on Kenwood/Delonghi.
I'm sorry I haven't gotten back on this -- I've been swamped. I can't get the latch plate off -- I broke the screwdriver trying. I tried using degrease on it, and that didn't help any. Any ideas on how to get it off? Thanks, Metra
Car Life stages Depreciates: New Depreciated: Old Appreciates: Vintage Priceless: Antique If you wait until your ARE retired, you could hang a sign on the car "Sweet nuts from an antique, prepared by a sweet antique nut". (or "fresh" if you'd rather, instead of "sweet". Or maybe "crusty"?
Does anybody remember the Chocolate Sweetened Condensed Nilk Eagle put out about 7-9 years ago? Or was I in a test market? I still have one can and I just looked at the expiration date -- 1999. I've been saving it for something special. I guess I shouldn't save it any longer. It made the best fudge -- pour in pan, add 1 lb chocolate of your choice (chunks, chips, whatever), melt chocolate in sweetened condensed milk, stir in vanilla if desired and nuts, pour into...
Wow! That's beautiful. It's a piece of artwork by its own self, even if you never do use it.