or Connect

Posts by chezsylvia

Looking forward to having my own copy!
Thanks for both replies. I live in Kelowna, BC Canada. I'm not too proud to wash dishes. I know the dishwasher is the most important person in the kitchen.
How does one get a job in a restaurant without any previous kitchen experience? I am a recent grad from LCB Cuisine Program. I am mature, responsible, team member, conscientious and a pretty good cook. I am as comfortable in cuisine as I am in patisserie. I have applied for many jobs but no responses. I am not interested in fast food. I want to learn from an executive chef in a reputable restaurant. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you for reading my...
My vote is for Chef Eric Chauffour, Chef Instructor at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris Ottawa. All in favour? :chef: Chezsylvia
Ever thought that your parents don't have to worry about you? When parents talk about one of their children it is usually because they want to send a message to that sibling. Don't get all hung out about it. If it really bothers you, why don't you ask them why your sister is the topic of conversation when you too have accompishments that you are proud of. Stay positive, life is too short to get bent out of shape. You are good, you are YOU and you are a Chef (what...
Dear Mcheng: I chose Ottawa because I am Canadian, but I don't speak French. The courses are conducted in English (by French Chefs). I understand that in Paris there are translaters. So depending on your language of choice, you can select the school. To be honest, I woud have preferred to go to LCB Paris, because I love to travel and Europe in particular. The cost of living in Paris would be higher than in Ottawa. If you looking for accommodation, call Louise...
Your portfolio of wonderful products is huge! Why not tease your customers with "Wild Meat Sensations" and include recipes on your website. MMMMM ... Kangaroo with Chocolate Chili Sauce would make me run to your store. Good Luck. Remember wild meats are the heritage of American (and Canadian)haute cuisine. My mouth is watering! :chef: Chezsylvia
If you have a passion for good food, then a cooking course can be very relaxing and enjoyable. But then you have to go into the kitchen and 'beat the clock' so to speak together with the other students. If you get angry with yourself the food will not taste good and then your fuse will explode. :bounce:
Sorry, I know nothing of the French Pastry School. Why don't you tell them that you are considering both and ask why you should choose theirs. You may get some interesting answers. With regards to 9 months away from home ... believe me, the time just flies by and I think there is a benefit of doing the courses without a break. You will save $$ too in airfare. FYI the cost of a furnished room is approx. $450/month. If you are female, I have a wonderful...
Aramark Canada Limited was formerly Versa Services. I had the pleasure of working with them when they operated the cafeteria at my place of business (I was the client contact), a large corporation in Toronto. I found them to be a leader in their fireld in terms of management and also in the manner in which they trained their line staff. The group at our operation were very happy with their work and were a very cohesive group from the management team to the line staff. ...