or Connect

Posts by shroomgirl

good to check with a mycologist or a mycological society in your area...... You can eat any mushroom once..... or "there are old mushroom hunters, bold mushroom hunters but no old, bold mushroom hunters" shroomgirl
bone marrow, pickled eggs, pickled pork trotters, offal.....Korean themed snacks...charcuterie platters have come back in full force, gosh there have been considerable changes in 13 years...
cold water the sooner the better, silvadine for severe burns....aloe is amazing
I'd start with independent insurance companies.....it should not be expensive.
therestppl   Welcome to Cheftalk I noticed this is your first post.....for a first post it's looking very spammy.   Great thread so I'll keep it up.    
OK newbies......Welcome to cheftalk.   This is an amazing site where professionals get to ask each other questions......there is an incredible depth of knowledge in these archives and members.   From the very beginning this site was different because respect was asked of all. Sure we kid around.   That being said, Personalchef  there are chefs on here that have catered for over 10,000 people at a pop.....there are others that cook solo, what does a "good size event"...
my impression is that you are doing these for experience prior to starting a business....that you've not got a commercial kitchen, not sure about equipment or rentals.     2 hours travel or 4 hours travel? not clear  I've taught classes in Indiana approx 3.5 hours away, a dozen women, they provide their homes, I provide the food (only)....fish class with 6 various fishes/techniques/sauces, dessert.....spent the night at one of their homes.  $850  I was on my...
for afternoon snacks $12-20 pp beverages extra rentals extra staff extra   if this is your first time then consider taking a hit for the experience.
Great Advice....
welcome Jugs.....