or Connect

Posts by shroomgirl

I've written recipes for national publications.....they published in a magazine, their cookbook and published them on line.  I got paid for each thing they used the recipe.... Payment was ingredients + a set amount per recipe, (for each publication).  After 6 months the recipes were still my property and I could resell to another publication.   Chibutcher, you've not given us enough info to give you more accurate $$$ advice.
line item or package plan.....guess it depends on how much they are.
welcome Meryl.....cheftalk has a wealth of info.
turismo, You're in NYC, it's winter. So, profile your client (& guests).  Always good to have enough for vegheads to eat.   Depends on equipment, type of service (drop off, full service, plated, buffet, etc)   $8-12 is a nominal budget....so..... gougere tapenade   green leafy salad stew/braise/soup.....ministroni, chicken mirabelle, chicken and dumplings, etc..... rolls   flan or panna cotta or ?
I hope this year brings you joy in doing what you love to do.
see about getting there earlier......
???? so pkmorgan what did you tell them?
where are you? I've loaned out my kitchen to a visiting pastry chef who wanted to make his niece's wedding cake. Your friend should be able to prep & cryovac ahead as well as plan a menu that needs little kitchen time.....and still be great.
Awesome, that's the cherry on top!
thanks for sharing Ross, looks great!