or Connect

Posts by LogghiB

Is this about small business independent restaurant chefs? Hotel chefs? Corporate chefs? And who is it that is applying these stereotypes to these people? How is this affecting the industry? Are we not still pulling in a ton of money all over the country? Small private and family businesses are, in my experience, less formal and professional and larger corporations. It's true in hospitality, retail, IT services, you name it. Bookstore managers, CPAs, media directors,...
I once saw a restaurant almost get shut down because every single item was significantly over proper temperature - service line coolers, walk-in, you name it - until someone checked and realized the inspector's thermometer was terribly mis-calibrated.
I am guessing they were calling the people pulling the racist card stupid, not you.
The only application I could see a use for a combined oil and vinegar holder is for salad dressing - I don't really think the two are inclusive enough to warrant a combo-holder otherwise. And since people who are just putting oil and vinegar together on a salad aren't really going for an emulsion - I dunno, more vinegar than oil? I think people who do this sort of thing would probably lean in that direction. (Less fat, more flavor.) I don't really see this as...
I find judging people on their admittedly bad taste is not too cool. Maybe she just wanted a white zin because she was in the mood for what is, essentially, a wine cooler. Sometimes I want to drink a crappy beer at a bar because it is vaguely sweet, bland, and quenches thirst. You shouldn't hate on people because they want to give you money for a product you yourself would not pay for. Also, yeah, white zinfandel is a rose. You could have just given her a glass of box...
So what is the point of this question again?
Yeah, I hear the guy at Moto bought the original prototype of Tesla's anti-tank electric cannon, which he uses to cook anti-matter infused pork tenderloin medallions. (Summary: Chicago is ridiculous.)
The "Escoffier would be rolling in his grave" Newbie - The fresh-faced culinary graduate (or possibly extern) who actually believes that anyone cares they can namedrop old famous chefs, recite food trivia, or know what a coulis is. This is the person who will always say, "Well you know that dish isn't an AUTHENTIC . (If you are one of these people let me tell you...
I'd probably wedge the oranges and marinate them with the honey, ginger, vinegar, sugar. Then I'd place those on the salmon with the garlic and onions (roasted and caramelized, respectively) with a dollop of butter. This would be wrapped up with the bok choy and roasted like a parcel. Cream, butter, mayo, parsley, and boiled/riced potato would be mixed and formed into pancakes, crusted with the bread crumbs and seared on a flat top. So potato pancake, bok choy...
The Magician - Line cook who is able to perform unbelievable kitchen feats, but will never reveal the secrets behind their terrible and frightening powers.