or Connect

Posts by notyetchef

truely great chefs climbs their way up by putting their head down and working, creating, and improving their skillls every day. if you do your job correctly every day, and try to expand your skills every day via the assistance of books, and most importantly, listening to others you will be a productive worker and may be a chef. As a student i can say, you need to get into school. i worked in kitchens before i started school and i admit i had delusions of gradure. after...
I spent a few months in Switerland backpacking, i can definate smypathize with the lack of americain wines. If you have the chance try to get to D├ęzaley, Valais, Vaud, and Geneva reigions. Aigle les Murailles is an very nice white wine fron the Vaud reigion. I invested in many glasses during my trip.
It seems today some wine drinkers go to their local liquor store, pick up "something white or red" go home put some ice cubes in a glass, pop the cork, and watch TV drinking a bottle of wine and eat potato chips. While the people who drank their favorite Pino Noir or Reisling for 15 years strait now want something exotic either from the new regions or the very old, now forgotten regions of the world. With this being said does anyone have any favorite wine that...
i have just started a new chocolate sculpture of children holding an umbrella. threw the handle and pole umbrella i am am planning on putting a plastic pipe that will let chocolate syrup pour over the top of the umbrella to give a rain affect. i am worried though that the syrup might comprimise the structural integrity of the umbrella and the peice itself by adding extra wieght over time or absorbing some of the chocolate in sculpture as it moves over the peice. any one...
chef to waitress: "oh my god the steamer ran out, go get a can of steam HURRY!" the first head chef i worked for told a homeless man to "go to **** and get the F*** out of my kitchen" (durring a plate up of a glat kosher function for 800)
Flying Fish Ale, gota try the stuff its only made in Jersey and Floridia heres the site they will ship it to you. http://www.flyingfish.com
I have been in the F&B business for about 4 years now and I am going to a local community college to study culinary arts. I am looking ahead to transfer into larger programs and schools but getting a strait answer out of a scholastic advisor without bias is turning out to be more difficult the I thought, not to mention every college I contact has the "best" culinary program. If any one would please give me some advice on what schools carry the most weight in the industry...