or Connect

Posts by KyleW

Glad they worked  
I have never frozen it. Next time I might bake 1/2 the batch and freeze the other. I suspect it would do fairly well.   Kyle
Once upon a time I had an eBakery. I needed a recreatable recipe that produced uniform chocolate chip cookies that were neither too cakey or too chewy. I worked with a friend from another forum and we came up with an all butter recipe that worked. I used cold butter and cream the butter and sugar well. Here's the recipe.   Kyle Ingredients  AP Flour 2 CUPS  Cake Flour ¾ CUP  Salt ½ tsp  Butter 16 TBS  Sugar ¾ CUP  Brn. Suqar ¾ CUP Eggs 1 Large Eqq Yolks 1 Large Baking...
Once upon a time I had an eBakery. I needed a recreatable recipe that produced uniform chocolate chip cookies. I worked with a friend from another forum and we came up with an all butter recipe that worked. I used cold butter and cream the butter and sugar well. Here's the recipe.   Kyle Ingredients  AP Flour 2 CUPS  Cake Flour ¾ CUP  Salt ½ tsp  Butter 16 TBS  Sugar ¾ CUP  Brn. Suqar ¾ CUP Eggs 1 Large Eqq Yolks 1 Large Baking Soda 3/8 tsp  Vanilla 1 tsp  Chocolate...
I will take that under advisement
No standard weights here. "Close enough for government wrk." Is my motto.
Another scale option, My Weigh KD7000. I've had mine for a while and like it. It's less than $50.00   Mode: Capacity: Resolution: Pounds : Ounces 15lb : 7 oz 0.1 oz Pounds 15.450 lb 0.002 lb Ounces 246.9 oz 0.05 oz Grams 7000 g 1 g Kilograms 7.000 kg 0.001 kg   Kyle
There are so many variables involved that exact duplication seems to be an unrealistic goal; different ingredient varieties, different pureeing tool, different experience levels etc. For me what matters is the taste. Wet spices are going to grind differently that dry. If these spices have a reedy component and are wet, it seems they would be much more difficult to grind into oblivion.    Kyle
Still on LI? I just moved to Great Neck and the bagels @Best Bagel on Middleneck Road are very good  
There is great mythology surrounding both NYC and Montreal bagels :) As a resident of NYC for most of the last 20 years my allegiance is to Gotham City!  When I have made bagels it was with NYC tap water, a component of the aforementioned mythology.    In my head the keys to a good bagel are high protein flour (Bread), a very stiff dough and boiling prebake in water laced with non-diastatic barley malt powder (not Lye). For me, the best thing about a bagel is the hard...