or Connect

Posts by KyleW

I find that bread recipes are best used as guidelines rather than absolutes. Before you get to swapping WW for AP, the conditions in your kitchen will vary from day to day. If it's humid one day you may need to add less water than on a dry day. Your hands/fingers will be the ultimate guide to whether or not a dough is properly hydrated.    My Principal Operating Method: When I think I've added enough water, I add more water :-)   Kyle
I've heard that about you 😊
This issue a true madeleine recipe but it lends it's very nicely to a madeleines pan. OLD-FASHIONED SOUR CREAM COOKIES 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon baking soda ½ teaspoon salt 1 cup soft butter or margarine 1 ½ cups sugar 2 eggs 1 cup dairy sour cream 1 teaspoon vanilla Topping ½ cup sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside In large bowl of electric mixer, at medium speed, beat...
Is the shaped loaf going directly from the fridge to the oven? If I were trying to eliminate the oven as a source of thw problem I would skip the fridge retarding. Ferment, shape, proof and bake without retarding. If the loaves brown normally then the fridge is the issue. I have better luck retarding bulk dough rather than shaped loaves. In either case the dough should come to room temp before baking. Kyle
I'm not a big fan of convection baking, pun intended. Kyle
It would be helpful if the OP would check in. We haven't heard from her since the original question.
Hi Sarah , Are you new to bread baking? Kyle
It's worth it. Bread baking awesome 😊
Bread baking takes a lot of practice and brioche is a pretty advanced bread. When I first started baking bread someone gave me some very good advice. Find a simple white bread reccipe and make it over and over again. You will learn what the dough should feel like in order to achieve the results you want. For example a softer/stickier dough yields breads with more open texture. A firmer dough will yield a more dense loaf. Your hands will become smarter and your breads...
Is this what you're talking about? http://www.amazon.com/Nonstick-Stollen-Pan-12-Inch/dp/B002UAV0XY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455304252&sr=8-1&keywords=stollen+pan