or Connect

Posts by Pierre

cook hierloom tomatoes as you would sushi :lips:
i just bought an AirPort Expess so i could have my entire mp3 library available to me in my home kitchen. great! i've been listening to alot of Sonic Youth, Interpol, Bjork, Nick Cave, The Faint, and the new White Stripes album. i'd listen you Joy Division but there's way to many sharp item in the kitchen for that :-). the other night i listened to the first Cibo Matto album. all the songs are about food and the foods are a metaphor for sex. Greg, it must be nice...
there is a really great spice shop in seattle, just a few blocks from the Pike's Place market that is a MUST visit. World Merchant it's got every kind of spice you can think of, lots of spice mixes (which they will sell unground, or ground), sea salts from around the world, and they have a great selection of teas from around the world as well. when you walk in the door the aroma will knock you off your feet. they also do mail order.
the brine is a mixture of soy sauce, water, sea salt, sugar, honey, garlic, onion, bay leaf, peppercorns, yatta yatta yatta*. it's more for infusing flavor and doesn't completely cure the meat, even after a 2 day soak. redace, i'm glad you had such a positive reaction to my post. pasta with cream sauce and smoked salmon was what i made for dinner the day the salmon came out of the smoker. it's also great on a bagel with cream cheese and capers. smoked salmon ravioli...
for no other reason than i'm so pleased with the outcome, i had to share a couple of weekends ago i made my first batch of smoked salmon. it came out awesome, if i don't mind saying so. the salmon was caught the weekend before, and was brined for a few days prior to going into the smoker. 5-6 hours in the smoker with applewood chips to supply the smoke and it was done. here are some picks of the process and the final product. here's the salmon filets after they...
why not just post it here: Sole Dugleré Ingredients: 40 g butter 2 onions , finely chopped flour 4 sole fillets 200 ml white wine 300 ml fish stock 4 tomatoes, peeled and diced 40 ml fresh cream salt and pepper Directions: Melt butter in a cooking pan, add the onions, and fry for about 5 minutes, dredge the sole fillets in some flour, shake off excess flour ( the flour should be seasoned) and lay them in the pan, presentation side down, fry them for...
you might also try brining the chicken before you cook it. Brine: 1/2 - 3/4 cup kosher salt 1/3 cup granulated sugar 5 cups of cold water submerge the chicken in the brine for 4-8 hours prior to cooking, keep refrigerated the whole time. and like Jenni says, use a meat thermometer and don't overcook the bird
TATER TOTS! after being out on the water all day kayak fishing, i like to come home and pan fry fresh caught rock fish filets and eat them with tater tots and a budweiser.
Chrose, that is incorrect.
redace, you have stumped us all. what is it? here's a new one for everyone A man went looking for America and could not find it anywhere.