or Connect

Posts by VillageCakeLady

What about a rustic berry tart? I found this recipe in an LCBO magazine a few years ago. It looks as impressive as it is tasty! I don't have a picture right now but I will be making this next weekend and I will come back and add a photo.   Crust: 1/2 cup ground almonds 1 1/2 cups ap flour 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp sugar 3/4 cup unsalted butter 1/4 cup ice water Combine almonds, flours salt & sugar  in a food processor(FP) pulse to mix. Add butter & pulse...
If you ever get to North Bay Ontario Canada. Go to Churchill's The Loft. It is hands down the best caesar salad I have ever had!!!!....be prepared to pay big $$$ for dinner. But it was so freaking worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Recipe 1 1 kilo icing sugar 5 mls gum tragacanth 120 mls cold water 15 mls gelatine --In small bowl sponge gelatin in water. Melt this over water until clear(do not boil) --Separate bowl mix gumtrag with sugar. Make well in centre and pour gelatine into sugar and mix. It will be crumbly. Knead until pliable, use small amount of shortening if necessary. Put in plastic bag to mature overnight. Will be hard but break off small pieces and use shortening to make pliable again....
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...DG1OM55M61.DTL
My question was not what you bake at but more have you watced your temperature guage. As an ex-HRAC technician it is well know that ovens of the gas type have a 15 degree swing in calibration or 350 + or - 15 degrees when your oven is set at 350. So if your oven runs at 365 or 335 this could make a difference. I was having a similar problem with my oven and had to turn it down. I also bought new temperature gauges. Just curious if this was something you had...
Have you checked your oven temp lately?
OK I went with sponging and the cake turned out perfect. Thanks all!
Is it possible that it is not fully baked in the middle? Do you use flower nails to disperse the heat more evenly?
It is a wedding cake. It is to resemble their invitations. I'd post a picture but I can't figure out how?
Has any one put royal icing through a paint gun for a stucco look on fondant or should I just stick to sponging?