or Connect

Posts by PJmomrunner

I won't pretend to be any sort of substitute for Ben or Jerry, but I do have their, Homemade IceCream and Dessert Book, and can share some of their comments on: Ice Crystals - ice cream is always going to have ice crystals, "the idea is to make them so small that they will not be detectable on the tongue. The faster you freeze your mix, the smaller the ice crystals will be and the smoother and creamier the ice cream will taste." Liqueur - "Alcohol depresses the freezing...
Unh...I guess it depends on what you call young, but I'm not sure the young are even represented on the Food Network, nevermind overrepresented. Who are you watching Rivitman? There are some young women in their "kinda sorta homemade" color-coordinated kitchen or their retro-modern quickie kitchen, but the serious chefs are middle agers. Personally, I think your audience would go for a chef from the hood. Seriously. My teenagers are the ones who watch cooking shows...
Canmy, when I saw your post I thought of this guy who I saw on some TV show who had quit lawyering to open a wildly successful cake business in Washington, DC. You have got to check this out: http://www.cakelove.com/newsletter.html
I love my warming drawer. In my house we tend to eat in shifts, so it works out very nicely for me to keep things warm for the second or third shift. I also can get an earlier start on making things for dinner parties. I like it for keeping take-out pizzas warm without cooking the box while waiting for the second shift to arrive home too. And I use it when I wake up early on a weekend and cook pancakes for everyone--I just pop the cakes in pan in the warming drawer and...
If you copy and paste the following report from a consumer info website that I subscribe to into Word or some other word processing program you can probably make this more readable: (Note: LG has been recalled.) (Note also: "45" = energy cost to run for a year, "25" = cu. ft., 17.1 is usable cu. ft., remaining #s are exterior dimensions) BOTTOM-FREEZERS (INCLUDING FRENCH-DOOR MODELS) 17 LG LRFC25750[WW] $1650 45 25 17.1 • • 70 x 36 x 32 18 Amana...
Penzey's is where I got my smoked paprika: http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...shpaprika.html
As a woman who attends (and sometimes hosts, but never prepares food for) catered luncheons for 25 in a group member's home monthly for $8, let me tell you what we typically get from the caterer: The caterer delivers and sets up a large bowl of salad (nothing so fine as what you mention--I like your salad idea), a large chafing dish of chicken breasts on a bed of rice pilaf, and a large bowl of rolls (all buffet style), a big percolator of coffee and accompanying...
Terrific! Thanks folks!
Villa Manodori is the most wonderful I've ever had, but it is very expensive. Does anyone know of a comparable BV at a reasonable price?
This is an excellent olive oil: http://www.castellodigrotti.it/index.html I am fortunate that my husband travels to Italy several times a year and brings back wonderful foodstuffs and wines. This olive oil is what I have in my cupboard right now.