or Connect

Posts by Mezzaluna

Welcome, Akhil! Your fiance is lucky you found us because this site is an excellent one for home cooks like you and I to find recipes and assistance from professionals and from experienced home cooks. Chef Talk can help you widen your repertoire of dishes, improve your kitchen skills, learn more about ingredients and have fun talking about food from all over the world with other food-lovers.   Besides the many discussion forums, we have excellent cooking articles of...
Hi Drew! Welcome to Chef Talk, from one home cook to another.    I think you'd do well to make use of the search tool here, as your interests are varied. First, there are a good many threads on pizza-making, from dough techniques to flour choices to wood-fired ovens. Lots to peruse there.   Second, the Professional forums can give you some insights into what it takes to plan, start and run a professional operation, BUT: be aware that as people who aren't in the...
That's quite an odyssey, Julian! Maybe someday when you have your show, we'll raise a glass and... toast your success.   From the sound of it I think you'll find yourself comfortable here at Chef Talk. The community includes plenty of veterans like yourself plus a hearty dose of greenhorns and eager home cooks, many of us knowledgeable. The members hail from all over the world, so you can find a recipe for your evening meal's soup course from somebody in Thailand, your...
Hey Guy! I missed this thread. Good to see you again, still doing the good work I see!
Bonjour/bondjou, robertoo! Welcome to Chef Talk. We're happy you found us and hope you will enjoy being part of the community. I see you've found the knife forum, which I think will be a place you'll return to often.   We hope you'll explore the entire site. Don't miss the cooking articles, photo galleries, equipment and cookbook reviews, etc. There is much here to delight food lovers. We've been going for almost 14 years, so there's a lot here to explore. The search...
Welcome Will! And thank you for your part in serving our country.    You'll be able to satisfy your culinary cravings by hanging out here often. I'm sure you'll find plenty of threads to interest you, but the cooking articles are excellent as well. Don't miss the photo galleries, reviews of cookbook and equipment, and the many "human resources" you'll come across here. Imagine having a discussion with someone from, say, Chile about what to do with a particular...
G'day Jamie! We're glad you found us and hope you'll enjoy being part of the community. We hope to benefit from your contributions, too.   What's your gig in the kitchen as an apprentice? Are you finding a particular aspect of culinary life is most captivating, surprising or rewarding?   This site is amazing in that it is far more than a bunch of discussion forums. We have excellent and instructive cooking articles; equipment and cookbook reviews; photo galleries and...
TeamConsomme, it's nice to have you with us. We have a good many members from the UK with us; our membership is truly world-wide. We hope you'll feel at home here and enjoy participating in the community.   Are you a professional in a culinary industry, or do you cook at home? Whichever you are, you'll find us welcoming to your questions and comments. You're invited to read all forums on the site, but the professionals' forums are reserved for their posting only. Those...
Welcome, ZeneliAnn! You'll find a good many kindred spirits here. I'm a home cook myself and enjoy putting food on the table to feed hearts and bellies. Your post brought to mind a sticker I have on my car from the people at Penzeys Spices: We also have a fair number of people interested in gluten-free cookery and baking. I am as well because I have friends who have celiac disease. In fact, today my goal is to find a good gluten-free recipe for rugelach dough.    Was...
Hello Azii and welcome! Your question about preservatives is better-asked in the Professional Baking Forum than here, where introductions are in order. I hope your peers can give you some good advice.   While the discussion forums are a rich place to meet others who share the passion and ideas, don't overlook the cooking articles, reviews of cookbooks and equipment, the photo galleries and more. The site is jam-packed, so the search tool will come in very handy. We have...