or Connect

Posts by Mezzaluna

Thanks for the introduction, Stketcher! We're glad you've decided to dive in and take part.    My husband and I have been through San Juan a few times on our way to cruise ships and have spent a little time seeing the sights and sampling the food a bit. I had mofongo for the first time a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Whenever we're there I love to spend time in the grocery store browsing in the aisles to see what you have that we don't have, how the items might be...
Mauricio, your English is just fine! We have members from all over the world, so we don't expect everyone to speak English perfectly. Most native speakers don't. (I know because I am a teacher.  )    Where do you ask your questions? Because you are a home cook (as I am), you should post your questions in the General forums. The Professional forums only for those who are working in restaurants and other professional kitchens. Choose a forum that is best for your question....
Hello Rintemint and welcome to Chef Talk. You've come to the right place if you're looking for pointers from experienced people! A quick look at the professionals' forums will show you that. Use the search tool when you look for a particular topic and you'll be amazed at the huge number of hits that'll pop up. Well, when you consider we've been here over 14 years, maybe you wouldn't be so surprised.   The members are the real wealth of this community. They're from all...
Welcome Pat! Thank you for serving our country. My brother was in the Army (as were other relatives) so I know it's a sacrifice. I'm glad to hear you have a path in mind for yourself once you're done with your hitch. Chef Talk is a great way to do some exploration before you're ready to head off into the next phase of your life. Our members are from all over the world, all ages, all levels of experience and expertise in the culinary world, and also in many different fields...
Hello Pastrylove96! Welcome to Chef Talk. It sounds as if you're one of the lucky students who knows what s/he wants to do and has mapped out a path to get there. I'm not sure what JG is, but I hope it's giving you some needed experience. (Our members are from all over the world, so it's helpful to be a bit more descriptive about such things. )   I see you've already found our forum about Culinary Schools. Great! Be sure to use the search tool to do some reading of...
Hello Mauricio and welcome! You sound like an ambitious person who is eager to learn and advance. You've come to a great place for that!    I am a home cook too, and I have learned a great deal in my years as a member of Chef Talk. The professionals and other food lovers here are (as you've said) respectful and also generous with knowledge and advice about cooking and food. Although you and I can't post questions in the professionals' forums, we are encouraged to read...
Hello Jd- welcome to Chef Talk. Forgive my ignorance, but where is CoMO? Our members are from all over the world, so the choices boggle the mind.    I see you cook Thai food- the flavors are mouth-watering to me. I'd like to learn more about cooking it. We don't have much in the way of Thai restaurants where I live, so it's a cuisine I'd like to learn more about.    We hope you'll take some time to explore the entire site here. We've got so much beyond the discussion...
Welcome QlderJ. What an interesting gig you have! I'm sure it's an understatement to say you have more fresh seafood! What an amazing place to live and work. (I'm envious; can you tell?) You must have some excellent stories to tell of your adventures finding supplies, managing in a small galley, working in rough conditions, etc. Perhaps you can regale us with some of those stories in one of the forums. Just choose the best one and let the words flow.   Your situation is...
I love where this thread has gone! It's one of the things I adore about Chef Talk. I learned what Zappodilla is and now I'm going to look up jelly coconut.
Ah, the closest I've come to your region is Kavala. But there's time to see more of Greece!