or Connect

Posts by Mezzaluna

Hello Barbara! We're happy you found us, too. The site a great deal to offer, from the many forums to cooking articles, cookbook and equipment reviews and on to photo galleries. Don't miss our Facebook page and Pinterest board, as well!    But the members are the true wealth of Chef Talk, in my opinion. There aren't many places on the Internet you can meet such a broad array of people from so many countries, with such varied cooking experiences and interests, of all...
Hello Indira! We're happy to have you with us. What an intriguing path you have taken. Many of our members are interested in healthful cooking and eating, so you'll find many recipes and discussions on related topics. The search tool will help you locate those and any other topics of interest. Be sure to be aware of the dates of any discussions you find; Chef Talk has been active for 14 years, so some discussions may have paused years ago, so you may want to start a new...
This thread has me drooling.... The seafood especially. Too bad my husband won't eat anything that swam. I think it's because he grew up with his sister being deathly allergic to fish when they were children, so he got it stuck in his head never to eat it. Making one dinner at home is enough for me, so I content myself eating it out.   Tonight: lamb chops marinated a la grecque: olive oil, lemon, oregano, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. A good, hot grill and gosh,...
Nice to meet you, Dee! I can hear the excitement in your post. You're energized by what you're learning, and that's awesome! Le Cordon Bleu must be a good fit for you. Did Chef Talk provide any information to you in your search for a school? We do have a forum and other information here about culinary schools.   As a student you'll get a lot out of reading all the forums here. Keep in mind, though, the professionals' forums are read-only until you finish your training....
Moving this discussion out of New Introductions to a more appropriate forum where it'll get better visibility.   Mezzaluna
Thanks for introducing yourself, DaverDown. Your gig sounds very interesting. My nephew just landed in Austin today for campus orientation as a shiny new Longhorn at U-T. Maybe he'll enjoy your food someday soon, if you're in an area around the campus.   We have a growing interest here in alternative diets, although we don't have a forum dedicated specifically to any. I have a close friend with celiac disease so I've become interested in cooking and baking gluten free....
Nothing so exotic for us tonight: Skinless, boneless chicken breasts marinated in ponzu, ginger, garlic, black pepper and a splash of dry sherry, then grilled. Served with mixed green salad with homemade vinaigrette. That's it. After the weekend we eat light.
Hello AMouthful and welcome to Chef Talk.   Many of us here are not professional chefs (I am a home cook myself), and some are career-changers like yourself. You are in good company.   We hope you will take time to visit the FAQ page for the site and read the Community Guidelines http://www.cheftalk.com/a/faq to which we must all adhere. You'll note that we non-professionals are free to read all forums, but must not post in the professional forums. Those are reserved...
Let me add my welcome too!   I have an increasing interest in Austin since my nephew was recently accepted at U-Texas there and will start in the fall. We've never visited the area, but will dig deep into the culinary scene to make the most of our visits there when we do. I look forward to your participation in the community!   Mezzaluna
Hello Grande. Welcome to the community! Why not tell us a bit about your culinary self?   We hope you'll take a tour of the whole Chef Talk site as well as visiting the Chef Talk Facebook page and Pinterest board. The site itself is lots more than only the many discussion forums, too; don't miss the cooking articles, cookbook and equipment forums, photo galleries, and more. The search tool will help you sift through 14 years of content, whether it's recipes or interviews...