or Connect

Posts by Mezzaluna

Hello Pastrylove96! Welcome to Chef Talk. It sounds as if you're one of the lucky students who knows what s/he wants to do and has mapped out a path to get there. I'm not sure what JG is, but I hope it's giving you some needed experience. (Our members are from all over the world, so it's helpful to be a bit more descriptive about such things. )   I see you've already found our forum about Culinary Schools. Great! Be sure to use the search tool to do some reading of...
Hello Mauricio and welcome! You sound like an ambitious person who is eager to learn and advance. You've come to a great place for that!    I am a home cook too, and I have learned a great deal in my years as a member of Chef Talk. The professionals and other food lovers here are (as you've said) respectful and also generous with knowledge and advice about cooking and food. Although you and I can't post questions in the professionals' forums, we are encouraged to read...
Hello Jd- welcome to Chef Talk. Forgive my ignorance, but where is CoMO? Our members are from all over the world, so the choices boggle the mind.    I see you cook Thai food- the flavors are mouth-watering to me. I'd like to learn more about cooking it. We don't have much in the way of Thai restaurants where I live, so it's a cuisine I'd like to learn more about.    We hope you'll take some time to explore the entire site here. We've got so much beyond the discussion...
Welcome QlderJ. What an interesting gig you have! I'm sure it's an understatement to say you have more fresh seafood! What an amazing place to live and work. (I'm envious; can you tell?) You must have some excellent stories to tell of your adventures finding supplies, managing in a small galley, working in rough conditions, etc. Perhaps you can regale us with some of those stories in one of the forums. Just choose the best one and let the words flow.   Your situation is...
I love where this thread has gone! It's one of the things I adore about Chef Talk. I learned what Zappodilla is and now I'm going to look up jelly coconut.
Ah, the closest I've come to your region is Kavala. But there's time to see more of Greece!
Welcome Larry, we're glad to have you with us. This is a great place to do exactly what you hope to do: connect with others in the business, learn some new ideas and share what you know, too. Our membership is from all over the world, all levels of expertise, and we welcome home cooks as warmly as the seasoned veterans of restaurant kitchens.    If you're looking to change up some of your recipes, don't miss the cooking articles. There are some great ideas there on...
Yum, @Nicko!    All this has me jonesing for poached eggs with hollandaise. I think that'll be my lunch with a little salad. 
Thanks for the introduction, Maria. I'm a home cook too and I'm also a retired teacher. Your energy and zest for cooking come through loudly and clearly! You'll love that you can pick up recipes and techniques here on your favorite cuisines from Japanese and Indian cooks and chefs who live there and/or grew up there. It's one of the great things about Chef Talk.   Some other great things about this community are the cooking articles, cookbook and equipment reviews, photo...
Let me add my welcome too! My husband and I will be traveling to New Zealand next year. We're eager to see the beautiful landscapes and I'll be on the lookout for markets and other ways to discover your food ways. A cookbook is on my list of souvenirs to find.